Sun, Sep 15, 1:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 6:20 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Brows for my character are REALLY messed up when I dial the head shape in!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 2:17 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

YIKES. I'm working on Tommy Toon for Dusk and hopefully L'Homme but MAN something weird happens when I dial in the Tommy Head morph. This does NOT happen when I dial in the FBM that has the Tommy head shape included. So this is very strange behavior. The brows no longer conform either properly. Like the tops are embedded into the head and it's no wonder. This is a screen grab showing the state of the brows with the Head morph only dialed in.

Also, on an aside, if I wanted to update an internal morph (as I call them) for a shape that's hidden like the Tommy Head shape in the eyebrows how would I update that? I created a fix for this in ZBrush but unlike DAZ Studio I can't find a way to import in a fix morph for the brows to correct this behavior in the brows when Tommy's head shape is dialed in. Not sure where to look to bring in a specific morph to update the current one.

Thanks so much Richard Tommy Head Shape messes up Brows.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 2:19 PM

Here is the comparison. The FBM dialed in, screen grab of the brows and how they look with that morph! So what's going on with the Tommy head morph if that's the culprit? How can I get the brow fix morph for the Tommy Head morph plugged in correctly?

Thanks again!

Tommy FBM Shape doens't affect Brows.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 7:38 PM
Forum Moderator

I presume the brows are a prop? Correct? I suspect there's actually two morphs present in the brows. Either way the fix when you need to update a morph from zbrush

Poser doesn't have a direct "Update this morph" thing but it's easy to do

• Goz with the morph dialed
  • Fix in zbrush
  • Goz back to poser
  • Let poser create a new morph
  • Make sure only your original morph and the fix are dialed to 1
  • Object > Spawn Morph Target ... (Of Figure > Spawn FBM ... )
  • Now you can delete both the original and fix morphs.

This combines the original and the fix into a new morph. Before you combine them you can adjust the blend of the fix and the original by trying various combinations of dial spins on the two morphs. I find my self sometimes over fixing and morph. If your do that just spin it's dial to less than 1 when you're ready to recombine them.

You can also brew up experimental fixes. See how they look together and only combine the ones you like. or, and mixture of them.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 12:10 AM

Hmmm, OK, I'll try that. I'm betting that Dusk 1 with no facial chips is playing a part in things not working as expected. I come from DAZ Studio and developed a bit for Genesis 8 male.. which has facial chips so you put a beard on his face with the auto fit enabled and the chips working their magic just about any expression you throw at it works perfectly. This was not the case in the previous Genesis versions and certainly not for M4.

Wondering if the chips built into L'Homme are set up similarly to Genesis 8's chips? If so then I may have to scrap the Dusk 1 project and jump head long into the L'Homme project and bide my time for Dusk 2.0 to hit which iirc they are putting facial chips into both Dawn and Dusk 2.0

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 11:59 AM

Well I refitted the brows to L'Homme and every single time I try to fit them to him in the Fitting Room Poser crashes out. EVERY SINGLE TIME! Didn't do that for Dusk so not sure what's up with L'Homme and his base but it's looking sort of dreary for me and my attempts here! 😞

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 12:03 PM

Are you trying to add the morphs as well in the fitting room? Better to just add the rig and then back to posing and save down the conformer to the library. Then start a new scene with all fresh and load it back and add the morphs then.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 1:47 PM

I'll have to give that a try.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 7:39 PM
Forum Moderator

@RAMWolf. That crasher ... please, please use "Scripts>Utilities>Collect Inventory ... Copy all to a folder " and zip up the collected scene so we can try to reproduce it, You can submit it with a support ticket to contact me in PM so I can get the scene collection. Just set it up to fail and save it right there then include instructions for what you do next.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 15 June 2020 at 11:32 AM

Sadly I had overwritten the file after those losses. BUT starting the new set up from scratch gave me the opportunity to try again. While I didn't get a crash this time I got ... no brows. The program is telling me they are there but they are not there. I looked for them, tried using the zoom too button to take me to them. They are set to visible but they are simply like a null or something as there is no geometry that's being displayed even though they are there... I think!

Strangely when I click on the Brows1 figure the scene jumps down a bit. Not sure what causes that shift but something isn't right! LOL

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.