Tue, Oct 22, 5:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Is there any vendor who does decent varying age morphs?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 11:34 AM · edited Fri, 11 October 2024 at 8:58 PM

We're not talking extremes here, but if Dawn, or La femme is around 22 or 25 years of age, we're talking about 10 year increments.

Also, at what age do the clothes for these figures become inappropriate for their age?

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 12:35 PM
Online Now!

Have you gone to the beach in the past in your neck of the woods? I'm not a vendor but there are no such things as age appropriate outfits. Silly, yeah as in trying to hold on to that youthful "appearance". Tasteful outfits like Bermuda shorts for both genders, tops that don't reveal those sagging boobs on both genders, I could go on and on but will stop here. Suffice it to say. Bikinis and Speedos are best left to those who can wear it well, no matter their age. LOL! ? ?

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 12:49 PM

ThunderStone posted at 6:48PM Fri, 12 June 2020 - #4391645

Have you gone to the beach in the past in your neck of the woods? I'm not a vendor but there are no such things as age appropriate outfits. Silly, yeah as in trying to hold on to that youthful "appearance". Tasteful outfits like Bermuda shorts for both genders, tops that don't reveal those sagging boobs on both genders, I could go on and on but will stop here. Suffice it to say. Bikinis and Speedos are best left to those who can wear it well, no matter their age. LOL! ? ?

Hehehe. The world really is not ready to see me in Budgie Smugglers.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

CHK2033 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 1:00 PM

If art is supposed to reflect real life then there is none.

Basically what Thunderstone said .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

CHK2033 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 2:15 PM · edited Fri, 12 June 2020 at 2:22 PM

CHK2033 posted at 1:59PM Fri, 12 June 2020 - #4391650

If art is supposed to reflect real life then there is none.

Basically what Thunderstone said .

EDIT: Good question ? I dont use Dawn so I really dont know what they have for her at all, La Femme is simple to work with,(not saying dawn is or isnt I just dont use her so wouldn't know) I seen a few older looking texture which would look good on a more mature morph for La Femme. worse comes to worse you can always just blender sculpt one yourself if you cant find one. That's if your going up in age.

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 6:24 PM

Headshop for the Genesis 2/3/8 series allows you to add an aging morph to conversions which you can, of course, dial in as far as you want. I can’t run Headshop for La Femme because it’s Windoze only, but I assume that has the same option.

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 4:39 PM

It's just a fact of life. Nobody wants to see older people. When I was young I didn't want to be reminded of mortality. Now that I'm 70, I can just look in the mirror, so I still don't want to see age in art!

Even educational uses of CG stick to the standard 20s models. If I was doing a courseware lesson SPECIFICALLY about aging, I'd use an aged model. Otherwise not.

Bunkie Knudsen, former head of General Motors, said it best. "You can sell a young man's car to an old man, but you can't sell an old man's car to a young man."

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 5:22 PM · edited Sun, 14 June 2020 at 5:25 PM

ockham posted at 6:18PM Sun, 14 June 2020 - #4391908

It's just a fact of life. Nobody wants to see older people. When I was young I didn't want to be reminded of mortality. Now that I'm 70, I can just look in the mirror, so I still don't want to see age in art!

That, by it's very nature, limits your art.

That also doesn't mean there are no old people in art. And, to be honest, it lends realism to a render or painting to have a variety of people in the back or foreground.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 11:14 PM

ockham posted at 10:12PM Wed, 17 June 2020 - #4391908

Even educational uses of CG stick to the standard 20s models. If I was doing a courseware lesson SPECIFICALLY about aging, I'd use an aged model. Otherwise not.

Bunkie Knudsen, former head of General Motors, said it best. "You can sell a young man's car to an old man, but you can't sell an old man's car to a young man."

Logan's Run sucked as a movie - I certainly wouldn't want it to reflect my art.

Most of my folks run from Mid 30's to 90+.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 11:50 PM

Sorry, ockham, I think you're dead wrong.

Is there a bias toward the young and attractive? Sure, but that doesn't mean no old people ever. The work I see Poser being used for - corporate training videos - have an emphasis on diversity. Old, young, fat, thin, black, white, Asian, Latino, abled and disabled. Just because Rosity is pinup central doesn't mean that's what all users want.

Even in TV land...it's not all young people. I've been watching Star Trek: Picard, which features a bunch of older people. The star will be 80 years old next month.

Personally, I want characters of all ages. For children, you can often use standard female textures if they are truly no-makeup, and if the brows aren't too dark or too plucked. That's a definite selling point for me.

I buy older characters quite often. What I really want is attractive older characters. Often, the old characters in the RMP are extremely ugly. Which is fine, but I want some attractive older characters, too. Some "Hollywood old" characters would be good, where they're definitely older, but not covered in warts and age spots. (I often kitbash this, using an older morph at partial strength, and a younger texture.)

If you only do pinups, yes, you probably only want young characters, but if you're illustrating a story...even if it's about a young adult, they have parents, bosses, maybe children, siblings, grandparents.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 11:20 AM

randym77 posted at 12:17PM Thu, 18 June 2020 - #4392277

Sorry, ockham, I think you're dead wrong.

Is there a bias toward the young and attractive? Sure, but that doesn't mean no old people ever. The work I see Poser being used for - corporate training videos - have an emphasis on diversity. Old, young, fat, thin, black, white, Asian, Latino, abled and disabled. Just because Rosity is pinup central doesn't mean that's what all users want.

Personally, I want characters of all ages. For children, you can often use standard female textures if they are truly no-makeup, and if the brows aren't too dark or too plucked. That's a definite selling point for me.

I buy older characters quite often. What I really want is attractive older characters. Often, the old characters in the RMP are extremely ugly. Which is fine, but I want some attractive older characters, too. Some "Hollywood old" characters would be good, where they're definitely older, but not covered in warts and age spots. (I often kitbash this, using an older morph at partial strength, and a younger texture.)

It's another one of the things people use Poser for, court cases. They do illustrations of the scenes of crimes, traffic accidents, shopping areas, etc.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.