Wed, Sep 18, 2:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: FBM's question

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 8:52 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 6:34 PM

So something I'm noticing. I didn't see this right away but I'm noticing in a few bends and what not that my FBM is causing some unhappiness in the figure so do I need to transfer the rotations to the new morph or is there a similar thing that's used, like in DAZ Studio, where you realign the rotations (adjust rigging to shape) and then ERC Freeze. So what do I do in Poser to accomplish this to fix this weirdness?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 9:13 PM · edited Sun, 14 June 2020 at 9:13 PM
Forum Moderator

So it works the other way around in Poser. In DS you spin the dial and then "Freeze". In Poser you "Teach" the dial.

• Rotate the joint to what ever position you want to "Teach"
  • Open the dependencies for that parameter {Like one of the rotate dials)
  • Click [Start Teaching]
  • Spin the master dial of the morph you want to teach.

If you're creating a keyed dependency you need to set the zero point as well. Keyed dependencies have a Graph displayed below the dependency window.

• Rotate the joint to zero USE THE DIAL ON THE DEPENDENCY EDITOR ONLY lest you accidentally add dependencies you don't want
  • Dial the morph to zero
  • click [Stop teaching]

Don't touch any thing but the morphs's dial while teaching is on. Any thing you move will become a dependency of that dial. You can select and delete unwanted dependencies in the list but if you applied a pose ... Oh yee ...

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 15 June 2020 at 11:06 AM

Hmmm, is there a YouTube video showing what I need to do? I'm more of a visual learner.

What made me notice was I was using the twist thigh to put his leg in a different position on a pose I was making and it looked like he popped a bone. I dialed in and out the FBM (Gino) and YUP in the L'Homme default the "bone pop" smoothed back out to normal!

Thanks so much!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 5:45 PM

Tried my best with your tutelage Nerd but I don't think I'm understanding what's going on here. Nothing from what I can tell. I have the thigh to full twist outwards. Bring up the Dependencies for that rotation and tell it to start teaching. I then just move the Gino dial back and forth thinking it was going to start fixing the issue as I moved the dial back and forth, sort of a like a digital massage. Apparently that's not the ticket so AGAIN please help me understand this better. L'Homme needs more support. I'm willing but if I'm not getting help I can't move forward.

Thank you Richard Thigh Twist Teaching mode.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 10:48 AM · edited Wed, 17 June 2020 at 10:49 AM

I followed the below to the letter, still not getting any smoothing out of the joint to what would look unlike a popped hip. PLEASE HELP!

Rotate the joint to what ever position you want to "Teach" (DID THAT, Left Thigh TWIST)

Open the dependencies for that parameter {Like one of the rotate dials) (DID THAT or Let Thigh TWIST)

Click [Start Teaching] (DID THAT)

Spin the master dial of the morph you want to teach. (DID THAT FOR THE GINO FULL BODY MORPH)

Then there is ZERO info on what else to do. The thigh still looks like it's got a popped hip joint. So this information is not complete in my opinion. What am I teaching? The Gino FBM morph?? The joint?? WHAT?? I have no idea. I've scoured YouTube for a video. I have perused both Poser forums here. What am I missing in this information. Come on now!

**HELP! **

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 11:35 AM

I think I may have found the problem but I have no idea how to fix this. I made a morph called "Male Hip Fix" which takes L'Homme from the more feminized hip rotation to a more masculine one. What I've been doing this morning was recreating the GIno FBM but started with just his body. So I got the body looking similar to the original morph but that darned La'Femme hip rotation was there, so in ZBrush recreated the hip rotation as part of the Gino morph and applied it via GoZ and guess what? The hip pop issue came back, removed it (undo in ZBrush, resubmit to Poser via GoZ) and the issue goes away. I'll have to figure out another way to make the hip rotation within Poser I guess since I can't figure out how to fix weird rigging or rotation issues with the above info the Nerd passed on to me... 😢

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 6:21 PM · edited Wed, 17 June 2020 at 6:24 PM

End users are going to have a hard time utilizing your custom FBMs with conforming clothing intended for La Homme. Unless your intent is for nude renders. Just an observation.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 6:26 PM

Maybe save yourself the headaches and concentrate on custom faces and textures and utilize MR dial spinners for bodies. Much more flexible and user friendly as a product.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 8:52 PM

Hmmm, well there is that little extra addition to Poser though that allows the new morphs to be plugged into clothing Figure> Copy Morphs From and then go from there finding the FBM's and plugging those into to the clothing items.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 11:30 PM

Yes. I see that being a requirement in many character sets in the MP.

Actually no I don't. Ever. Probably because most Poser users wouldn't want to fuss with it. Just a sad fact.

Only being slightly sarcastic RAMWolff. Anyway, was just pointing it out man. You could however make your body morphs a MR. There's something that you see, and wouldn't it be nifty if the popularity of your set found it's way into other vendors clothing creations?

Was just waxing devil's advocate, probably Nerd (he invented a lot of this stuff) and a few others actually know how to fix your problem. Admittedly I don't. Ironically, creating things for other people's models has an unexpectedly large amount of pitfalls and hoop jumping. And getting answers can be daunting. But you know this. The only real solution is patience.

Take Care.

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 2:44 AM

Are you setting the FBM dial on EVERY body part? Tried the Match Centers to Morphs on the Master Dial?

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 10:21 AM

Not important any longer Ghost. I got the solution. Not sure what you mean by setting the FBM dial in every body part. I assume that this is an automatic function when it's turned on and I know if I go to the body part the FBM will be there but set to "zero" but not really!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.