Wed, Sep 18, 2:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser's GoZ for ZBrush question

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 10:57 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 1:48 PM

Hi,

Just wondering what the meaning is for "Export Posed" encompass? Just a posed figure or does it also mean if the character is exported with a morph dialed in.

I ask because if I send a morph I'm working on to ZBrush and bring it back after making the changes instead of asking if I want to update the current dialed morph it just creates a new dial. I really miss that feature in DS. I hope Poser 12 will include more updates to GoZ! TRULY!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 12:02 PM
Forum Moderator
  • Import the morph from GoZ as a new morph
  • Set ONLY the new morphs and the one you edited to 1
  • Figure > Spawn New Morph will have the new and edited morphs into one.

This allows you to make different fixes and combine them for the best result. Spin the dial for the original and the fixes to get the best combo for combining. Once combimed you can delete the originals.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 1:40 PM

Wow, this is great information!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 1:57 PM

Thanks so much! 😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 5:12 PM

While Nerd's info was useful the question still remains for me and this screen shot from the Poser User's Manual tells me something. I'm not sure what it's telling me but from what I gather if I DO have my character morphed into a new shape this should be checked off. If I'm reading this wrong please explain further!

Thank you!

Richard GoZ Export from Poser - Export Posed option.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 5:24 PM

Also, when I'm importing an OBJ created in ZBrush, which uses Cinema 4D scale factor, what should I type into the scale box when importing to Poser?

Thank you!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 9:30 PM
Forum Moderator

Yes Export posed includes all morphs currently dialed on. Baked into the exported shape. For importing any thing created in zBrush I just GoZ it into poser. GoZ works both ways. Open it in zbrush. Have an empty scene open in Poser and GoZ from zBrush. Poser will ask if you want to create a prop.

I don't normally create in Zbrush so maybe one of the Zbrush so maybe one of thee experts will chime in.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 10:25 PM

Thanks Nerd. My other thread about FBM's needs your input as well as I'm literally STUCK and don't know how to move forward with getting a shape and rigging to play nice together. Thank you for your help!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.