Tue, Oct 22, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Is It Possible to Use Python to Automate a particular feature in Poser?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 11:14 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 6:10 PM

I'm thinking about the way Python is used for creating add-ons in Blender. Is it possible to use Python to preferably create a user interface to automate certain functions of a feature in Poser?

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 11:50 AM

In general, certainly. Lots of scripts do just that. But the devil is in the details. Some internal functions are available to the Python API and some aren't; and some seem to be available but don't really work right. Which function are you thinking of?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 4:36 PM

ockham posted at 5:35PM Thu, 18 June 2020 - #4392346

In general, certainly. Lots of scripts do just that. But the devil is in the details. Some internal functions are available to the Python API and some aren't; and some seem to be available but don't really work right. Which function are you thinking of?

Don't know exactly, but would love to take a look at Bullet Physics and automate some of that.

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 5:04 PM

I'm pretty sure somebody has done a script for that. I haven't been keeping close track of these things lately, but ISTR it's been done.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 6:13 PM
Forum Coordinator

Not sure if there is a route outside the PoserPython API but AFAIK the API itself does not have calls to control Bullet Physics like you can control for example the cloth room.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 7:23 PM

I tried to set up a cloth dynamic using Bullet Physics, but couldn't. Bullet Physics has 3 classes that an object can fit in: Choreographed, rigid or softdynamics. The problem I had is that I couldn't figure out a way to make clothing belong to the soft dynamic class, the same time as a body or figure. But if you put the figure in any other class, different from the clothing, the Figure won't move or pose. I wanted some that would let me automate that somehow.

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 8:37 PM

The problem you are going to run into with Bullet Physics in Poser is that the engine makes everything a Convex Hull. Meaning that a shell is wrapped around the object and outside objects interact going from outside towards inside. If you put a person inside the cloths then when the simulation runs the two objects will fly apart. Think about as a Tall pole and you have a very flexible ball. You can place the ball against the pole and press it inwards and it will wrap around, however once you release it it reform away from the pole.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2020 at 1:49 PM

Well, how about something simple, like having the Hair Room simply mirror from Left to right? That way, you'd only have to mark off the hair groups for one side of a head.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.