Wed, Sep 18, 2:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Selection question

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 9:42 AM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 8:10 AM

Hi,

Is there a simple solution if I have the arm of a figure (or other body part) selected and then want to quickly select the full body without that old pull down menu option?

Also is there a quick selection of selecting say the pants and then the body of the figure? Like for rigging or fixing poke throughs be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to like 1 & 2 to select the arm of the figure to move the arm and then click say #2 on the keyboard and have it select the arm of the clothing to continue with the poke through fixes.

Thank you Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 10:36 AM

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 2:40 PM

OK, what does the 1 do then? Select Actor? I was hoping that it would cycle through the 3 actors I have in the scene (L'Homme, Supersuit, Shorts, but alas it doesn't seem to do anything!
2 selects the body, that will come in handy and D toggles the multi view.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

caisson ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 2:56 PM

On the Parameters and Properties palette, at the top opposite the body part name, there are two white symbols: < >. Clicking on those will go through the selections you've made.

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 3:19 PM

Also in the document window. When you have any body part of the figure you want selected ... the circular body selector is made available. Click anywhere on the circular line and the body is selected.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 3:46 PM

Well the shorts are a figure and there is no circle. Still doesn't give me a way to toggle between the two without having to deal with menus. Keyboard shortcuts are good, old antiquated menu systems are not! LOL

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 4:46 PM

RAMWolff posted at 5:44PM Mon, 22 June 2020 - #4392769

Well the shorts are a figure and there is no circle. Still doesn't give me a way to toggle between the two without having to deal with menus. Keyboard shortcuts are good, old antiquated menu systems are not! LOL

Contrary to the increase in Blender's popularity for adopting a more menu friendly interface ;)

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 6:19 PM

I haven't found the tutorial on this but ... you CAN create your own shortcuts in PP11.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 6:23 PM

Hmmm, that's an idea. Not sure what kind of mess I'll make but might be worth investigating! 😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 7:07 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

try edit>general prefs interface tab. click on edit shortcuts. just double check what shortcut you use to make sure you don't wipe out another you might want

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 10:37 PM

Thank you, that helped me allot RedPhantom. I just added Shift to allot of what I needed. I added in G for GoZ for ZBrush export dialog which is what I have in DAZ Studio. Comes in handy as I use ZBrush ALLOT. Still can't figure out a way to cycle through various figures in the drop down menu though. Be nice if you just kept clicking the keyboard shortcut it would do that.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 3:52 PM

"Still can't figure out a way to cycle through various figures in the drop down menu though. Be nice if you just kept clicking the keyboard shortcut it would do that."

Just keep the hierarchy docked somewhere in your tools arrangement. You can quickly select any figure in a scene (and actors). I always have the hierarchy open for this reason. Even better if you use scene toy pro, which is just a super fancy hierarchy with advanced scene editing features.

false1 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 5:58 PM

I’ll second Scene Toy Pro. I wouldn’t want to work without it.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 6:17 PM · edited Tue, 23 June 2020 at 6:17 PM

Looks like we'll have to in 12. Hopefully fancy new scripts come along with python 3, eventually. But that's a different thread.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 6:32 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 4:31PM Tue, 23 June 2020 - #4392914

"Still can't figure out a way to cycle through various figures in the drop down menu though. Be nice if you just kept clicking the keyboard shortcut it would do that."

Just keep the hierarchy docked somewhere in your tools arrangement. You can quickly select any figure in a scene (and actors). I always have the hierarchy open for this reason. Even better if you use scene toy pro, which is just a super fancy hierarchy with advanced scene editing features.

OH, VERY INTERESTING. The hierarchy editor reminds me ALLOT of the Scene tab in DAZ Studio! Thank you so much for the tip! COOL BEANS! 😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.