Mon, Jul 8, 2:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 1:15 pm)

Subject: Memory dots in Poser 11 PRO don't save morph-channels anymore

noxiart ( ) posted Sun, 05 July 2020 at 7:21 PM · edited Fri, 05 July 2024 at 6:08 AM

Hi Board, I use the morphbrush A LOT to fix joints and also save these "fixed" poses regularly with the memory dots.

Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore. (Poser 11 PRO 11.3.818) I still can save the morph channels alongside the pose when I save a pose to the library. I also can manually copy such a pose file into the memory dots directory.

But I can't just quickly SAVE such a combined pose via the memory dots anymore. This always was a huge timesaver for my workflow and I'd really would like to get that functionality back. :-(

Is there something in the settings or the poser.ini so I can get this functionality back?

Many thanks in advance.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Mon, 06 July 2020 at 9:17 PM · edited Mon, 06 July 2020 at 9:17 PM

bump. I don't use memory dots so I can't help. Have you contacted support or filed a bug report yet?

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 12:19 PM · edited Tue, 07 July 2020 at 12:24 PM

I don't have Poser 11 yet... but put a checkmark on using external morphs (PMD files) and try the Pose Dots again... try it with and then without external morphs.

Capture.PNG

noxiart ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 3:13 PM

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Just gave it a try, but no luck. It seems the memory dots in Poser 11 PRO are broken or the functionality was intentionally removed.

👎

Well, if all else fails, there's still my trusty old Poser Pro 2014 then. Especially as the "new" library in Poser 11 Pro is excruciatingly slow and akward. Seems also I already found some problems with the rigging tools when snooping around in L'Hommes JCM's. (Suddenly all JCMs dissapeared from the rigging tool window. Had to restart Poser 11 PRO to make them re-appear again)

Well, I don't need the new Poser figures anyway, or "Superfly", but I'm going to buy a new machine and I'd really liked to try out real-time rendering with a CUDA enabled card and do some high-res sculpting with Poser 11's new morph brush.

If all else fails, I can think I can live or work around without the memory dots, but has anyone a suggestion for an alternative library for Poser 11 PRO ?

Thanks again.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 3:43 PM · edited Tue, 07 July 2020 at 3:48 PM

Try to save a pose and include the morph-channels in the pose... it's very possible the Pose Dots use the last saved option. The Pose Dots don't ask and have no idea if you want to include the morph channels or not.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 07 July 2020 at 4:06 PM

If all else fails try the technical forum. Nerd is a moderator there, he's responsible for many of the innovations regarding morphs in the history of Poser. Plus he's part of the software team. He could give you an answer straight from the source and if it's a bug provide feedback.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.