Mon, Sep 9, 5:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Using an environmental set and the cloth room.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2020 at 8:22 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 10:06 PM

I loaded a Villa which was going to be my setting. Then I loaded L'homme. I wanted to use the jeans on him, which is a prop that you use the cloth room on. I had to move L'homme away from the center of the world to get him where I wanted to be, but the jeans didn't move with him, so I parented them to him. After I got him where I wanted him to be, I posed him by hand. I hid the jeans will doing this, since they didn't follow his movements. After I was done, I thought now to the cloth room. But then I thought "Wait! I think he needs to be in the default pose, so I created a key at frame 28 then went to frame 1 and reset him. Then I set up the simulation. I unhid the jeans and tried to simulate, but it seemed like it was taking to long just on the first step. So canceled and thought, "Maybe I need to hide the Villa". So I did and then tried to simulate again. It got through the first step OK. But then it was slowly going through each frame. Never took this long before. So what am I doing wrong, and how do you work it when you have a scene like this? Thanks.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2020 at 9:35 PM

I would start with LH in the default, zeroed pose, and put him to the desired position and pose in frame 30. Then add the jeans and run the simulation.

Are the jeans still parented to him? If so, that could be the problem.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2020 at 9:46 PM

Also...I've found that if a hair or cloth sim isn't working as you expect, it's often fixed if save your scene, close Poser, then get back in. Some kind of memory issue, I think.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 10 July 2020 at 10:45 PM
Site Admin

Possible issues with it taking so long might be poke throughs, the control chips being visible, hide them, too high poly in the jeans and maybe if L'homme's subdivision is on, you might try turning it off. Parenting the jeans shouldn't be a problem.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2020 at 2:28 AM · edited Sat, 11 July 2020 at 2:29 AM
Forum Coordinator

How's with memory? Complete scenes can take a lot of memory. Hiding from view does not free up the memory. When Poser has little room left to work in, the speed goes down.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2020 at 8:07 PM

Thanks for the tips. I figured it out. On the first panel, I had checked not to collide with itself. When that is unchecked, it went pretty fast. Probably less than 5 minutes.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 11 July 2020 at 11:40 PM

Did you make the villa one of the cloth sim's collision objects? If so, that would add a lot of unnecessary polys to the cloth sim.

You can substitute a simpler primitive mesh to serve as ground, and/or substitute a duplicate of a chair's surface (for sitting poses) for the cloth sim, then hide the primitives before rendering.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.