Tue, Oct 1, 5:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Post-processing with PhotoDonut (including animation)

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2020 at 5:06 PM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:46 AM

Anyone here using PhotoDonut? I have used it for years, starting when it was called "Postwork Shop." The application was recently obtained by Smith Micro.

The range of pre-formed filters and effects is very large. There are also powerful tools for combining effects, adjusting them, and painting in place along with processing.

Then there is this: batch processing! This means you can apply a filter to a folder of images and it will automatically make new files in a destination folder. When applied to an "image sequence" folder which you've rendered out of Poser, you get a completely altered animation after reassembly.

Below see just one example of a still transformation, and then a link to a video ...

I think this is a fantastic utility, and am very happy it is now in the hands of Smith Micro. The original author(s) are genius effects and artists, but not so much on customer support.

::::: Opera :::::

outline1.png

after application of filter:

outline.jpg

Click HERE to play video demonstrating batch process resulting in animation ...

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2020 at 7:46 PM

I have PhotoDonut. I can't remember if I bought it or got it free as a prize or promotion, but I have it, and I've used it.

I have a ton of image processing software, but usually end up back with Photoshop. It's just what I'm used to at this point.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2020 at 7:50 PM

There was a "free" version of PhotoDonut. It did not have key "pro" features. Maybe you have that.

Randy, can photoshop batch process a folder of images?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2020 at 8:01 PM

No, it's the full version I have. Looks like I bought it for $20 from Smith Micro last year. They must have had some kind of promotion.

It's Windows-only, but they claimed a Mac version was in the works.

Photoshop can do batch processes on an entire folder. It's under File -> Automate -> Batch.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2020 at 8:09 PM

Roger.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.