Wed, Sep 18, 2:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Fibermesh eyebrows

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 12:07 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 9:44 AM

Hi,

Got some fibermesh eyebrows conformed to L'Homme and they work great but I'm at a loss as to why they are rendering white. I have them UV'd and I have textures but they are rendering white! I've looked over the specular settings and they are about where I think they should be and made sure the highlight size was very minimal so not sure what else to look over! I even tried retiling the textures to fill up the UV square and it's still rendering white. Other thing I tried was to change out the regular Poser Surface Root node with the Physical Surface Root node. NOPE!

Anything anyone else can suggest would be appreciated

Thanks so much Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 2:31 PM

Screencap of the Material Room, please.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 3:13 PM

Thank you!

Brows Materials.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 4:42 PM

What does the UV map look like?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 5:39 PM

It's set up to look just like the eyebrows. It's fibermesh so it was exported like a flattened version of the brows.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 5:40 PM

That's why I got frustrated and just copied and pasted the eyebrow texture all the way up and down the UV tile to see if that would solve the issue. Here is what the original texture I made a while back looks like without the tiling...

BrowOriginal.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 6:35 PM

I'm beginning to think that you may need a transparency map. IIRC, on V4 eyebrows always required a transparency map but that was just a straight texture. I've never used a fibermesh object so I couldn't steer in any direction to solve your problem.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 7:08 PM

OK, thank you. Yea, part of the reason why fibermesh brows and other accessories are popular if they are done correctly you don't need trans maps at all. The hairs, if grown fine enough react to light like real hair!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2020 at 7:09 PM

These were originally made for my character for Genesis 8 Male, Gino, being sold elsewhere for now, refitted to L'Homme and never touched the UV maps to make sure that all my diffuse maps would work on these. So not sure what's going on! 😢

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2020 at 10:39 AM

Got it all working fine! YAY! Also messed with the face chips and got this slightly annoyed expression! LOL

GinoPissed.jpg

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 12:33 PM · edited Sat, 26 September 2020 at 12:34 PM

So saved out the brows and they work fine EXCEPT the L'Homme Size slider doesn't work with them for what ever reason so they only work at the 0.000 size. I'm still finding my way around content creation in Poser so not sure if I did this right but here are the steps I took getting the dependencies for the L'Homme Size dial to work

1- Transferred in the dial info into the Brows via Figure > Copy Morphs From

2- Tested, no worky so

3- Set the morph to 1.000 since I want the dial to work with the full range of sizes 4- Invoked the Dependency Editor

5- Hit Teach

6- Switch back to L'Homme and set the dial to 1.000, brows disappear since this is what happens but then bring the dial back to 0.000

7- Put L'Homme back to 0.000 and of course the brows reappear

8- Stop Teaching

9- Test the Size dial but nothing's different. The brows still don't move up with L'Homme.

If I hover over the brows I can see them highlighted in red and they are skewed badly.

So not sure what else to try. These can not be a prop, they are conformers as they need to move with expressions!

What should I try now or did I totally botch the Dependencies Editor to get this working?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 3:56 PM

Have you checked include scales/morphs when conforming?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 4:04 PM

Also

3- don't set to 1

4- invoke dependency editor

5- teach, set dial in editor to 1, set dial in L'Homme to 1

6- set dial in editor to 0, set dial in L'Homme to 0

7- stop teaching

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 4:08 PM

I'll admit that I'm a little lost by your description though. I would think you'd want to include the fit morph dial in the conformer in the dependency.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 26 September 2020 at 4:33 PM

I would just fit the brows to L'Homme's actual real scale and then check 'include scales when conforming' in the brows properties before conforming and see if that works.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 29 September 2020 at 9:22 AM

Yes, turned out to be those little boxes not being checked off! So it's all good now. Thanks for a better list for Teaching though, it's helpful! 😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.