Wed, Sep 18, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: L'Homme symmetry pose

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2020 at 10:36 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:06 PM

Hi,

Working on getting a pose pack for L'Homme finalized but wanted to add some additional poses to the pack to fill it out a bit more.

So I created a pose using a photo from a model. Got it all set up nicely, looks good. So then I saved that to the library and then hit the Symmetry "Swap right and left" and it didn't do very well at all. The hip rotations are ignored, the legs are wonky and the feet are worse. Is L'Homme set up for this correctly or did they fudge this area when finalizing the L'Homme stand alone figure? It's quite annoying as this pose isn't one that's easy to try to recreate from scratch as a mirror to the original

Thanks Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2020 at 11:31 AM
Forum Coordinator

Did you uncheck the IK?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2020 at 12:13 PM

Yes!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2020 at 1:36 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I did some testing. The feet don't change and the hip will change the rotations, but not translations. the thighs and shins seem to be working for me. Arms and hands seem okay too.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2020 at 2:01 PM
Forum Coordinator

RAMWolff posted at 9:01PM Thu, 20 August 2020 - #4397383

Yes!

Did you use pose dials?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2020 at 4:29 PM

No pose dials, everything by hand. Yea, I agree Red, there are some major bugs in the symmetry in mirroring with L'Homme! Not good at all. I just made this really nice floor sitting pose and tried doing just the legs and it was a mess. DAZ Studio had these issues for years and they finally fixed it but in Poser there is no way to bring this into DAZ Studio to make it work correctly when mirroring so the only other option is to write down EVERY SINGE rotation and do it little by little! Yea, not going to do that! :mad:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2020 at 6:45 PM
Forum Moderator

Use figure > Pose Symmetry > Custom ... Swap. Homme has extra parts not included in the default swap. The custom swap includes all the extra bits.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2020 at 8:59 AM

Tried that but nothing happened. I'll give it a go again! Thanks! 😁

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2020 at 1:11 PM · edited Fri, 21 August 2020 at 1:13 PM
Forum Coordinator

It is not just the extra parts. Feet are standard parts but do not swap.

Load LH: set to no IK; zero; bend Left Foot -20 degrees and Left Shoulder down 45 degrees; , then Figure>pose Symmetry > Swap Left and Right.

Arm pose is swapped as should. Feet pose is not swapped.

Same behavior for other figures (V4 Ang2). ==> Conclude not specific to LH but generic.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 21 August 2020 at 2:42 PM

OK, Nerds suggestion DOES work perfectly. Perhaps in Poser 12 we could have this option up front and center in the right click Symmetry menu options? Makes no sense to have flagship figures with this option sort of hidden!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.