Sun, Oct 6, 5:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: are there any stores that sell new vue scenes?

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2020 at 6:20 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

There used to be lots of places that sold vue scenes, but now i can't find any. What's happened to vue? I still have an old desktop version vue stream 2016 which still works kind of, on my computer.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2020 at 6:21 PM

ie is there a content/asset store anywhere for vue anymore?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2020 at 7:30 PM
Site Admin

Not that I know of. I bought most of my paid content from Cornucopia3d and since it's gone I have no idea where else to get things so I depend on importing models in other formats, or making them myself.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2020 at 8:21 AM

A few of us vendors sell here, but I've never offered ready made scenes. Whenever I've bought products in the past and they had "free scenes" included, I never used them, so I assumed that most other folks preferred to make their own scenes rather than using ready made, otherwise we'd all be rendering the same pictures LOL!

I often find that the most tedious part of any scene is getting the atmo right. There are bound to be quite a few selling here, even if they're old ones. I still use some of my old atmo products in 2015 Infinite and they work just as well as in the older versions.

Gill

forester ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2020 at 10:07 AM · edited Sat, 03 October 2020 at 10:10 AM

Artstation Marketplace has some excellent Vue scenes. CGTrader has some as well.

I have all of my old inventory - maybe several hundred items. Is there anything in particular for which you are looking? (I ceased putting my stuff here because there are few customer here. But I would be glad to upload any of the old scenes that I once had on C3D.)

judyk ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2020 at 11:23 AM

Gary Miller's Geek At Play site is still selling Vue tutorials here: https://www.geekatplay.com/vue-tutorials.php If you buy a landscape tutorial you get the scene as well in the Bonus Pack, and at a quick glance, there are about 18 landscape tutorials on the page. They are not cheap, though. If you are looking for content, Martin Frost who sold on Cornucopia is now selling on Daz3D, mostly plants (I can recommend these) but some other items too. Other sellers on Daz are offering a few scenes and terrains, and Turbosquid has 16 pages of Vue-compatible models such as buildings, ships, static plants, etc.

HartyBart ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2020 at 10:02 PM

Raffy Raffy was your go-to Vue large-scene seller in 2020, with great quality and at nice prices. But he has now left CGTrader and is on the Artstation store with a more limited selection, but still well worth having. I think Tigear (Christian Hecker) also has some quality heightfields on the Artstation store. When Quadspinner moved to Gaea they gave away vast amounts of Vue content for free.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 4:44 PM

I used to buy Vue stuff all the time from Cornucopia3d for Vue 9.5 Infinite. I didn't go much past that version, so stopped buying Vue stuff that was still coming out until the Vue servers died without any backups made. All my Vue purchases are kept on DVD or USB stick.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2020 at 5:07 PM

thanks for all that info. weird. so if i did buy the new subscription vue i couldn't get my premede scenes?

I was trying to make snow mountains for an aeroplane to fly through, but with jungle in the low altitude places. I just couldn't get my own or modified bought scenes looking good. One of the problems with my bought scenes is they often aren't 360* but only look okay from one angle. and sometimes I need to make an HDRI dome for use in poser. Love esther

judyk ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2020 at 4:11 AM

estherau posted at 3:23AM Wed, 07 October 2020 - #4401116

thanks for all that info. weird. so if i did buy the new subscription vue i couldn't get my premede scenes?

I was trying to make snow mountains for an aeroplane to fly through, but with jungle in the low altitude places. I just couldn't get my own or modified bought scenes looking good. One of the problems with my bought scenes is they often aren't 360* but only look okay from one angle. and sometimes I need to make an HDRI dome for use in poser. Love esther

There are certainly less sources around for Vue scenes now than there were when the Cornucopia store was open. Getting complex scenes, especially with ecosystems, to look good from many angles is a huge user of computer resources, and if you just want to use the scenes as backgrounds for your comic strips, without any animation, you might be better off producing several versions of the scenes that you do have, rendered at different angles with the ecosystem mapping and the lighting adjusted accordingly, and gradually build yourself a library of re-usable scenes. With a different set of materials and plants, a saved snowy mountain scene could easily be turned into a mountain jungle scene, etc. You can also usually get away with using mats on distant objects instead of plant ecosystems, which reduces the render times. I would recommend having a look at the Vue tutorials on GeekAtPlay and on Gary miller's You Tube page; there are a lot of free tutorials.

If you are thinking of getting the new Vue on subscription, see if you can get it on trial first. Vue Creator, which I tried for a year, has a substantially different interface from Vue 10 and Vue 2016, which I had been using, and I found it less intuitive and more time-consuming to use. I also had trouble with the preview rendering, which turned out to be due to some of the settings on my graphics card. Updating these caused problems with the older versions of Vue and other software I was still using, so I didn't renew my subscription this year. That said, getting Vue plus Plant Factory for the price E-on Software are showing now seems very good, but you do need to try it out first. Hope this helps.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2020 at 6:25 AM

Thanks JudyK - I do sometimes do renders that aren't spherical for backgrounds but my knowledge of how to adjust lighting is very flimsy. Luckily usually not that important for comics. My vue preview has never updated fast, and i always find it really hard to make anything useful in vue. Love esther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.