Sun, Oct 6, 10:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What is Going On??????????????????

ghostship2 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2020 at 9:01 PM

add my name. I'm getting randomly logged out too during the day.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2020 at 9:53 AM

Still happening to me. :(

snif... nobody loves me...

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2020 at 12:38 PM

I'm still having occasional login issues too. I wish they'd get this corrected . . . sooner rather than later!

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2020 at 8:12 AM
Online Now!

So. TEN days after this issue was reported regarding a very active forum community's community page by several members, and after being assured its worked on, it's still going on and literally no official acknowledgement in the open was made. This is rather disappointing, and then I am being ladylike.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2020 at 9:49 AM

Still happening to me. This is getting old, guys.

A word or two from someone at Rosity wouldn't go amiss.

My Store

My Gallery

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2020 at 8:41 AM
Online Now!

I'm just faithfully reporting that as of 11/20, eleven days after this thread was started with this issue, the problem still persists with no ETA.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2020 at 5:59 PM

Perhaps a slowdown of purchases in the MP might get someone's attention? Just sayin'

Come on, Admins. Seriously.. Just over 2 weeks, and no change, and no responses to us? We're trying to be patient. But keeping us out of the loop like this... Is that really the right way to treat the folks that help support the site with purchases? Can you take a couple minutes to at least let us know you care?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 20 November 2020 at 6:26 PM
Online Now!

Right now I have no incentive to buy anything anyway, given how every single material is borked in Poser 12. But hey, it's just a few people complaining? Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, though.

I will report back tomorrow and for every single day until this is fixed.

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2020 at 12:09 AM

To those in control of the site:

Look.... We're not asking for a detailed technical breakdown. All we are asking for is a brief 411 on what is being done, or any progress made. Are things going to improve, or are we just stuck with the status quo? Someone said "Be patient" back when this situation started over 2 weeks ago. We are trying to be patient, and there is no intent to increase anyone's stress level. All we are asking is to be kept in the loop and not made to feel like no one really cares. Can you do that for us? Thanks.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2020 at 7:36 AM

Be excellent to each other and support Renderosity.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2020 at 9:24 AM
Online Now!

I am excellent. I just would like for my mobile view to work, along with, I venture, a couple of others. And I wish all the best for Renderosity, but really, is this too much to ask? Apparently it is.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2020 at 10:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Rhia474 posted at 10:22AM Sat, 21 November 2020 - #4405399

I am excellent. I just would like for my mobile view to work, along with, I venture, a couple of others. And I wish all the best for Renderosity, but really, is this too much to ask? Apparently it is.

Mine is happening on my PC. I don't often use Rosity on my phone. It's still happening today and still no word from on high. Not good, people. Really, a word or two would be appreciated, even if it's only to say "The fucking fucker's fucked and we're on the fucker", or something.

My Store

My Gallery

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2020 at 2:49 PM

I am now no longer getting notifications when someone posts in the galleries. Is it asking too much to let us know what's going on?

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2020 at 3:13 PM

Of course the promotional emails come through just fine.... ?

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2020 at 5:59 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 5:57PM Sat, 21 November 2020 - #4405383

Be excellent to each other and support Renderosity.

OK, I shall try to behave... ? A little out of character for me, but hey.... ?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 1:33 PM
Online Now!

November 22. The mobile login is still borked, notifications still not working. Since November 9th.

Carry on.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 2:32 PM

Still having random logouts on my PC. More than a little annoyed now.

It may seem trivial - and, in the grand scheme of things, it is - but the silence is more annoying than anything else. A word or two of acknowledgement would help a great deal.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 2:33 PM

One other thing... the site has been painfully slow for several days.

My Store

My Gallery

Doc000 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 7:03 PM

The site has been logging me out for a couple of weeks now. Friday morning, when I tried to log in, I got a message that said my account had been removed...even as I contined to get wishlist notifications about sale items. It took three emails, but they finally responded and got my account working again.

There's definitely something screwy with the site now, and the lack of communication about all of this is not encouraging.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 6:22 PM
Online Now!

Usual daily check-in. As of November 23, exactly two weeks after it was first reported on November 9th, this function is STILL not fixed.

Do I say it? This is beyond ridiculous, especially since there is no update, or even 'hey guys,. sorry, we're working on it' publicly acknowledged by anyone.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 10:30 PM ยท edited Mon, 23 November 2020 at 10:32 PM

Well, Jenn Blake responded to a post in the Marketplace Support forum in this thread --> https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2954453

Looks like they plan for it all to be over with the end of this week, or at least before Thanksgiving. FingersCrossed.png

Butterfly Dezignz

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 8:38 AM
Online Now!

Thank you.

So, for all of you who were joining us on this thread: because another thread has already been responded to on this same topic, I will be not posting more updates until after Thanksgiving. After all, who can expect forum moderators to check all forum threads.

As Miss B emoted above, will keep my fingers crossed.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 9:35 AM

Rhia474 posted at 9:35AM Tue, 24 November 2020 - #4405653

Thank you.

So, for all of you who were joining us on this thread: because another thread has already been responded to on this same topic, I will be not posting more updates until after Thanksgiving. After all, who can expect forum moderators to check all forum threads.

As Miss B emoted above, will keep my fingers crossed.

Fair enough but...

You'd think the news would be conveyed through a forum for the community, you know, such as the Community Centre. :D

My Store

My Gallery

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 12:43 PM

Let's all just keep our fingers crossed and wish them the best with the work they're doing. Rock on! ?

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 2:01 PM

Wolfenshire posted at 1:57PM Tue, 24 November 2020 - #4404073

@redphantom Oh wow... punch cards. I was the Publications Officer way back in 84 and had to use those. First you had to fill out a form with the data you needed on a piece of paper (there could be hundreds of pieces of paper, and they had to be in order) Then you'd stand at this machine that made the punch cards (and those had to be in order). It could take hours and hours to punch out all the cards. Then you had to put them into a computer the size of a small house. If even one card was out of order, it wouldn't work and you had to find which card was out of order. I made a mistake once and instead of getting a pallet of books, I got a phone call asking where I wanted my attack helicopter delivered.

The first punch cards I used were ones with pre-cut slots which had to be pushed out with a toothpick. Then i came across a gadget that would punch cards for me; and finally found a machine that would punch the card as I typed (it belonged to the UK rocket site - Blue Streak I think it was). Then we had the phone and modem box ... and tape. That was back in the the days of Fortran 4 and then BASIC.

adorety ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 8:03 PM

I have not gotten an ebots for a few days on any gallery uploads either. Interesting how admins are having issues and were not aware of the "back end" upgrade. Another example of the front not knowing what the back is doing! ;)

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2020 at 7:53 AM

It's still broken. I open 4 pages in 4 tabs to see what's going on. Wishlist still reroutes to homepage. At least it logs me in. When I use my Wishlist bookmark a second time, then it works. The other 3 open to the right pages, but I'm not logged in. When I manually refresh the pages, then they show I'm logged in. Some upgrade! D:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 5:13 AM

Random Logout Day Eleventy Thousand Billion Squillion and Five...

The situation is looking grim. Down to the last remnants of fingernails, hair and nerve tonic. Oh woe is me.

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 1:42 PM

No notifications, no end in sight. This is becoming a hopeless cause.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 1:56 PM
Online Now!

Why should they care? We still come back, we still comment, we still buy shit.

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 11:02 PM

Good point!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 10:15 AM

So much for "by the end of the week." What a PITA.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 10:56 AM

randym77 posted at 10:56AM Sat, 28 November 2020 - #4405914

So much for "by the end of the week." What a PITA.

Ah, but did they say which week? :D

My Store

My Gallery

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 12:20 PM

I'm sure they're still working on things behind the scenes, but yes, a few indicators of some kind of progress would be welcome.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 1:06 PM ยท edited Sat, 28 November 2020 at 1:12 PM

I have never got kicked off, logged out, not once... using the PC desktop version. If your browser uses a VPN and your IP is dynamic, it might say you're not logged in at all when you return with a new IP... but when you click to log in, the website reads your login info from the cookie stored by your browser. The mobile version I don't do because it really messes with my vision trying to read the tiny text of the phone screen... maybe I need glasses lol

... but DO report any bugs you find... make a new thread for each bug and include a few basic details about your configuration.

Happy Saturday!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 1:56 PM

Just one more thing... (I miss that guy lol)... it really helps if you update your bookmarks, load the bookmarked page... remove it and add it back. Using an old bookmark as an entry point could be one of the many reasons why you have to log in again.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 7:53 PM

I don't use a VPN and I don't have a dynamic IP address. I'm on Windows PC, using Pale Moon, Chrome, or Firefox. Same problem on my work and home PCs. Happens even with brand new bookmarks (like the one I set for the new Poser 12 forum).

I get logged out in the middle of shopping. The only reason I notice is that I see a product I know I bought, and the little shopping cart icon isn't grayed out.

This wasn't a problem until recently. You'd stay logged in basically forever. I can see them wanting to shorten that, but this is ridiculous.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 8:34 PM ยท edited Sat, 28 November 2020 at 8:35 PM

Randy, I looked up at what my browser has that could be different that I NEVER get logged out. I have an add-on/extension installed. That could be why...

Capture.PNG

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 8:41 PM
Online Now!

I am not in the EU. I am in the US. This is going on here as well regardless of browser or even whether it's OPC or mobile phone. Unless and until the team here tells us that's what it is, I don't quite understand why to blame us for what is going on on this site since November 9th.

Look, I'd understand if there was, anywhere, at any point, something that tells us 'hey guys, sorry, this is what's going on, we'll fix it'. There was one single post as a reply to another thread, nothing on this one or a separate sticky about it, which would be sort of a good solution and I think everyone who complained here would understand. It was also said on another thread on this forum that this would be fixed by the 25th. Or by this weekend. Or...?

This soit of thing really takes down reputations of companies, you know?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 8:48 PM ยท edited Sat, 28 November 2020 at 8:56 PM

I'm in US too but the website is required to post that cookie warning with they want to do any kind of business in EU, even if they are based in US.

They're not done updating their website, they've taken it apart to diagnose and fix a lot of issues... I know one of the admins and her IT support was trying to get everything done in one day, the first day which is impossible.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 9:56 PM

The reason they took down the Followers - All time views - All time likes is because those counters being displayed everytime a page is being displayed was eating up speed... a lot of speed... so much it would hiccup and spit out zeros sometimes because it couldn't keep up with them.

LyleAryn ( ) posted Sun, 29 November 2020 at 4:15 PM

Well, just to add my name to the hat.

I'm not getting ANY emails from Renderosity. Not even the promotionial/wishlist items have gone on sale.

It's still logging me out, even if I leave it open.

If I go to an artists activity feed, it shows NOTHING. I can still go to the gallery and look there. I can still check my own activity feed for uploads from artists. This is a rather slow way to do it, but... better than nothing I suppose.

I came over here to see if there'd been any work from the folks running the website. I'm wondering if somebody's been asleep at the wheel, only its been almost a month now. Hmm. I'm not terribly upset or anything. I just got into this daily habit of viewing/posting on art, and now that daily routine is taking up a lot more of the day.

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 29 November 2020 at 4:38 PM

I am holding my tongue on many things.. A very difficult thing for me... ? Hang in there...

CHMedia ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 11:56 AM

Site update notice: Thank you for your patience while we work on the site update. We know this has been difficult for everyone. The developers are working through the many issues as fast as they can. A big issue we are currently working on is the mail server. Our mail server got blocked, and we are currently in the process of determining accounts that have bad email addresses. You can help by ensuring your email addresses are current on your accounts. Updates will be forthcoming as we have them.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 3:36 PM
Online Now!

Appreciate the update. This is all that is needed, some actual communication. Will await resolution and double checked correct email addy, even.

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 5:04 PM ยท edited Mon, 30 November 2020 at 5:05 PM

Thank you, CHMedia for the update! I'm sure the developers are doing all they can. All your hard work is deeply appreciated - I"m sure I speak for more than just myself.

I'm pretty sure my email is correct, but I'll go check now.

Again, THANK YOU very much for everything! ???

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 5:23 PM

Email looks fine, and I am getting the promotional announcements, so I think I'm good! ?

Torquinox ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 7:13 PM

I've had Rendo email all along. Thanks! :)

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2020 at 12:01 AM

I've also had the emails several times a week.

Butterfly Dezignz

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2020 at 1:24 AM

I've been getting the promotional emails but not gallery ebots, which is likely due to the problems with the email server. I'm sure they'll get a handle on it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.