Mon, Sep 9, 10:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: is my quadro K4000

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 13 December 2020 at 7:29 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 8:59 AM

with all these rtx cards getting all the dev love is my quadro k4000 just abandoned/obsolete?

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

ChromeStar ( ) posted Sun, 13 December 2020 at 11:33 PM

I would imagine it will work fine, you just won't have the Optix option. So, there may not be much of a speed boost vs Poser 11 for you. Whereas the rtx cards do have that option, so a lot of previously unused capacity of those cards is now applicable.

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 14 December 2020 at 2:40 AM

more support for unobtainium bit mining cards that hobbyists aren't going to be able to afford/want to wait out the supply stocking "issues" isn't a sales/ development strategy I keep my cash till next year

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2021 at 6:34 PM

It's New Years and I made it to the second day

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Wed, 06 January 2021 at 9:05 PM

At least I have the install to find out for myself now fit that on stuffed way big for this drive sigh harumph

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2021 at 6:33 PM

the Install is a flop I open a new default scene when I try to open render settings tab app crash bug windows 7 catches it and lets me shut it down bug filed underwhelmed

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 1:44 PM

got my canned would you repeat the launch to crash sequence?.......no refund now

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

ChromeStar ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 5:38 PM

Are your drivers up to date? If that's Windows 7 64-bit, the latest K4000 driver is https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/155850/en-us

Beyond that, I would put in a query with support, but give them more details.

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 11:15 PM

yes my control panel check got me the obligatory your drivers are up to date posting a bug got the will you type that in five or six more times brush off bug center offers no tracking I'll just get a refund and keep using the feature set I have in Poser 11 very disappointing Poser 12 is betaware for all I know I chipped in too much revenue to a still immature market

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

ChromeStar ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 11:27 PM

I'm struggling to understand what you're saying so I imagine they were too. They've followed up well with the things I asked them.

I'm not sure Windows 7 knows what is a current driver, especially now that it's no longer supported. The one I linked is the latest from the manufacturer, 2019.12.10, R440 U4 (441.66). If you already have that, well, I can't help you any further.

Poser 12 is still in beta, that's true. But we have also seen a series of updates which have fixed issues that have been identified here.

jura11 ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2021 at 9:50 PM

Hi there

I think Quadro K4000 is incompatible with new CUDA SDK/Compute which is used in Poser 12,due this maybe you can't use yours K4000 in Poser 12,Poser 12 use CUDA SDK or CUDA compute 5 and anything below is not supported I think

This should help https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

Thanks,Jura

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2021 at 10:58 PM

gave me a compatability#3 if only that information were available back in Dec skipped my card no cuda love for Jim's system no pcie3 can't upgrade w/o buying a system will just take a refund from paypal not satisfied

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.