Mon, Sep 9, 4:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Abstract Voronoi Scene...file

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2021 at 3:50 AM ยท edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 9:36 AM

MyVoroni_01.jpg

In the vein of recent "abstract" renders and objects for Bryce here are a couple of simple Voronoi Spheres that I made in Blender and then rendered in Bryce. Feel free to download this Bryce 7 scenefile at the link below, you are free to do absolutely whatever you want with the meshes and mats.

Keep Brycing!

www.kirkdunne.com/files/bryce/VoronoiSpheres_01.zip

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Burpee ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2021 at 10:58 AM

Why didn't you put this in the ongoing thread? I really like the materials you used here and on the other twisty object in the first thread. It has a thick, painted look, like car paint. I went through my libraries and I have nothing as good.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2021 at 6:41 PM

I'll keep playing around with shapes and if I can make more of anything interesting, I'll upload it and make it available. In fact, you speaking of a thick painted look, I have a new DTE material that I made a few days ago and it reminds me of thick, messy paint. I didn't really know what to do with it, so I'll get it in here later tonight.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 04 January 2021 at 7:20 PM

Thick Eroded Paint - 01.jpg

Here's that DTE Material. Don't know what it is exactly, Thick Paint? Eroded Thick Paint? Download, have fun.

www.kirkdunne.com/files/bryce/Thick_Eroded_Paint_01.zip

Burpee ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2021 at 9:44 AM

Well there it is! That's awesome. It looks rusted and/or old paint peeling. Maybe more rusted if the shine is removed. I'm grabbing this and having a look. THANK YOU

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 2:39 PM

I took AgentSmith's thick paint material and applied it to MatCreator's Blood Bug. I used the World Cubic that he had, then Object Cubic and Parametric Scaled. Three materials for the price of one.blood-bug-agentsmith.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 4:14 PM

Very interesting Burpee. Looking good.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 6:56 PM

MatCreator made some very funky creatures. They're still free for download if you're interested. I'd have to look for the link. AgentSmith's material link is in his thread above. I had to copy and paste it into my browser and it downloaded.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 9:07 PM

Thanks, but I don't use creatures such as those in my renders.

Butterfly Dezignz

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 10:35 PM

I don't normally either unless it's something like this.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 08 January 2021 at 2:16 PM

Hey, experimentation is always good for the 3D artist's soul. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly Dezignz

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2021 at 6:31 PM

Cool & Creepy!

Burpee ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 10:50 AM

Thanks AS, just a test of your awesome material. Appreciate you sharing.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 8:01 PM

v3_01.jpg

Another Voronoi sphere that I made in Blender. Rendered in B7Pro with a DTE bump and an HDRI.

Download the B7 scenefile here; www.kirkdunne.com/files/bryce/voronoi_spheres_02.zip

*Concerning the scenefile, In my above render I masked out the background in post.

Burpee ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 8:34 PM

That's excellent. Is this a variation of the material you made? I'm impressed that you conquered Blender. I tried a couple of times and gave up.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 11:03 PM ยท edited Mon, 11 January 2021 at 11:04 PM

You should check it out again Burpee. There are 2 newer versions to what I'm used to using, and folks are finding them easier to get around in.

I've been using Blender since version 2.4x, and I'm currently using 2.79, but there are 2.8 and 2.9 versions which have a new UI that you might find easier to get around in.

Butterfly Dezignz

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2021 at 4:41 PM

Nah, not a variation of the red mat. This blue mat is just a color and a bump map, very simple but I liked how it looked.

I'm experimenting now on how low-poly I can get the meshes and they still look decent, as I myself usually work with higher poly meshes since these objects are front and center. These three Voronoi were decimated down inside of ZBrush before I took them into Bryce. I'll try decimation modifiers in Blender itself and see if I can get even more optimal meshes.

Burpee ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2021 at 11:56 AM

Miss B, I might just try Blender again. I'm used to Hexagon but it can be buggy. It's like Bryce...it could be great if they had continued developing it.

AgentSmith, there's another program I never learned to use...ZBrush. I have books for beginners, I have at least 10 purchased videos and I only ever used it with Substance Painter to apply displacement on my models. The beginner book says it's best to use a drawing tablet instead of a mouse because pressure is needed. I simply can not use a tablet. I have two of them and the lines I try to draw are never where I want them. It's like trying draw while looking in a mirror. On another note, your models look wonderful and interesting.

BryceHoro ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 10:27 AM
Online Now!

Thanks AgentSmith for the Voronies. I grabbed them and may play around with them once I've got some time. And yes, I keep Bryceing ...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 4:10 PM

Burpee - Oh yes, I can relate to the frustration of using a tablet, lol. Yup, like you say, it IS kinda like drawing in a mirror, lol. I'm not the best tablet user and I've had one now for 15+ years. I guess a solution to that might be to use a Cintique type of tablet but wow, they are just a bit too expensive.

Horo - VERY good to "see" you again man! In fact last week, I was re-visiting some of your Bryce tutorials and playing around with some of the advanced DTE stuff (advanced for what I usually do), I'll be sure to post it up here (and over at Daz) when I get something halfway decent looking. (I was studying your "Curvature Texture in Channel C")

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 9:12 PM

AS, would love to see you drop by the Daz 3D forum (shhhh).

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 6:10 AM

Lol, yeah, I definitely will be with some of my upcoming Bryce renders. Been playing with one of Horo & David B's Bryce products I bought from there recently. Fun stuff,

Burpee ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 10:58 AM

Daz 3D gallery isn't up yet (that I know of) so post them in our ongoing 'show us your Bryce renders' thread. Your work is always exceptional.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2021 at 5:26 AM

I've been poking around over there and yup, noticed the "show us your Bryce renders" and the "Is anyone game?" threads. Fun stuff, will post this coming week.

Burpee ( ) posted Wed, 20 January 2021 at 9:39 AM

AgentSmith, I do hope that you post an image or another Voronoi knot that you made. I know it's the last gasp of the Bryce community but there's still a few using it and it's nice to see what others do. ...not to put any pressure on you...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 20 January 2021 at 9:08 PM

Oh, I have more, I am just spending time "researching" the "is anyone game" thread trying to make something that is not not utterly laughable, lol. Which is good, that thread is an aspect of Bryce I have NEVER tried or used and it's like I am flexing a Bryce muscle that's new to me. It's going...well, lol. I'm really enjoying trying to figure out that new "language" and how to very basically speak it.

And yes, I will defenitly make some more Voronoi and make it available!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 20 January 2021 at 11:24 PM

voronoi_03.jpg Here is a third voronoi scenefile.

As with any of these scenefiles do absolutely anything you want with the models and mats. Enjoy!

www.kirkdunne.com/files/bryce/voronoi_spheres_03.zip

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 21 January 2021 at 2:22 PM

Oh, that's sweet. I really like the materials that you use. Think that I'll try playing with this one. Thanks

Burpee ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 10:58 PM

Opened this last one. Super cool materials. The voronoi material had color in the volume. Not sure what that does. The lighting is really nice. I was surprised that the sun was disabled. Your object doesn't show up as a mesh so it's hard to position it. Thank you for sharing, very interesting.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 10:38 PM

There is no need for color in the Volume and Transparent dots for this mat, I'm sure I just built upon an existing mat like I always do and it was left-over, otherwise I usually have those dots black, just out of personal preference.

The sun is disabled automatically whenever you activate an HDRI to act as the light source but you can Enable the sun back on if you want to use both in the scene, no problem.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 10:39 PM ยท edited Sun, 24 January 2021 at 10:41 PM

Not being able to see the 3D mesh in Bryce - I know this problem well and there are a couple solutions. First off is you can increase the resolution of the wire-frame in the view-port. You can specify Selected, Static (unselected) and Motion (moving) resolutions. This works fine but can be a little buggy (you may have to un-select and re-select the mesh after moving to bring it back to its high resolution state (this bug can be totally random, depending on OS, video card, etc)

resolution2.jpg

BUT, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY NEXT POST ON THE NEXT PAGE!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 10:39 PM

BUT...my personal favorite way is to choose one of the other Display Modes, it will display your contents of your scene in real-time, like a video game, it makes arranging meshes and especially your camera SO much easier.

There are 7 Modes and once you have clicked and held to bring up that menu and chosen one of them, you can make regular, left-clicks on that cube to cycle through the various types.

To go back to "normal", just click and hold on that cube again and choose one of the 3 Regular mode types.

modes2.jpg

Burpee ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2021 at 10:56 AM

I'll be, never knew about that. Thank you!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2021 at 3:30 PM

SO much is hidden under the hood in Bryce, hope it helps!

Burpee ( ) posted Mon, 25 January 2021 at 3:36 PM

2ThumbsUp

miztere ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2021 at 3:24 AM

i test your voronoisphere, ty agentsmith

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2021 at 8:10 PM

voroni_tori_01.jpg

Another Voronoi Bryce scenefile download. This time I used a torus shape. Feel free to use any of it in any way you want!

www.kirkdunne.com/files/bryce/voronoi_04.zip

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2021 at 8:11 PM

vor_4.jpg

A more plain, closer preview of the Voronoi object.

Burpee ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2021 at 5:16 PM

This is really a fantasic, intricate work of art. Bravo!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.