Mon, Jul 8, 2:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 1:15 pm)

Subject: Contentparadise certificate warning

noxiart ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2021 at 1:34 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 3:10 AM

Hi, does someone happen to know how to get rid of that pesky "The website certificate is not valid anymore" warning in Windows 10 whenever I open PP-2014?

PP-2014 tries to contact contentparadise.com, but its GoDaddy certificate is not valid anymore.

Already tried changing the Windows HOST file and disabled warnings in internet options, but no luck so far.

Maybe I can "hack" my Poser to stop it from trying to contact contentparadise?

Many thanks!

noxiart ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2021 at 1:53 PM · edited Mon, 01 February 2021 at 1:54 PM

Nevermind!

I added the HOSTS file again (added www.contentparadise.com instead of just contentparadise.com) and now it works!

Hooray!

;-)

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2021 at 9:15 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Where do you add that? This has been bugging me too :)

noxiart ( ) posted Mon, 01 February 2021 at 10:34 PM · edited Mon, 01 February 2021 at 10:35 PM

Here you go: https://gist.github.com/zenorocha/18b10a14b2deb214dc4ce43a2d2e2992

Make sure to run the editor AS AN ADMINISTRATOR. Otherwise you won't be able to actually resafe the file.

Make also sure to TO NOT accidently save the "hosts" file as a text (.txt) file.

It needs to stay just "hosts". (To check for it, you need to make file type endings visible in Windows. By default, Windows will hide them from you.

Myhosts.JPG

:-)

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 02 February 2021 at 2:27 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

ShaneNewville ( ) posted Thu, 04 February 2021 at 9:51 PM

Oh nice. Ive been wondering about that myself. Thanks. Did the trick.

Previs Dummies 2

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.