Fri, Oct 4, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: anyone interested in genesis 8.1 presets?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2021 at 5:01 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

dunno if it's worth the effort to upload it, lol

any requests for genesis 3 character presets? I made one for Girl 7 i never added to the package.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2021 at 4:06 AM

Always interested in the stuff you come up with. And really appreciated too. As far as Janette, I made a bunch of uv presets of all the G3F figs I own and for Jo as well. J&J are my go to figs in Carrara.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2021 at 9:54 PM

Curiosity got the best of me, had to see if the Victoria 8.1 would cause toe problems. And it seems fine. yayy.

Victoria 8.1 biggie v81 L.png

biggie81r.png

G8.1 Female

ch56 daydream believer.jpg

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2021 at 10:22 PM

Mike 8.1

M81-4.png

m81-1.jpg

M81-3.png

In preview mode he's a mess of seams, but renders okay.

seams in preview mode.JPG

In Carrara the FACS face dots posing thing isn't available.

Only the expressions pose controls included specifically with 8.1 show up.
And the Mike/Vicki 8. 1 shapes respectively show.
They did not include pose controls like arms up/down, sadly

The shapes and pose controls from gensis 8.0 do not show up. I don't see them in DS 4.11 version either. afik, only work in ds 4.15

8.1 has new uv maps. they added a new shader domain for head. The 8.1 base is bundled into the Genesis 8 starter essentials. There are no morphs or geometries in the presets.

so far the 8.0 clothes i've tried have fit. havent tried any V4 clothes on them. been meaning to dig out V4s martian princess kini.

i added presets for the eyelashes and a couple of the basic wears.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 7:48 AM

is pending in the free stuff.

they don't have 8.1 male in the dropdown list yet. lolCarrara 81 presets 300x350.jpg

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 9:04 AM · edited Mon, 15 February 2021 at 9:06 AM

is up in the freestuff

8.1 Presets

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 1:36 AM

Thank you Misty

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2021 at 7:17 PM

you're most welcome.

recommending the PBR lighting plugin

For free plugins, see the CTS project

the 8.1 comes roughness maps, which can be handled by the pbr plugin. plug the R maps into the shininess channel. tick the invert colors box. subsurf2.JPG

diomede ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 3:49 PM

Thank you, Misty. You are a treasure.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2021 at 2:50 PM

you welcome.

i like to look at how many downloads it has, i'm curious how many carrara users are hanging out on this site. i think the other forum alienated many carrara artists. deleting posts that in no way violated the tos. their modding seems whimsical

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.