Sat, Sep 21, 12:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Anyone had problems rendering Hi Textures from Vicky 2 ?

setenpab ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 8:39 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Hi Everyone. Id brought Hi Res.Textures for Vick 2 from DAZ, and when I tried to render on Vick 2 and with Hair UP-DO all together, My system crash, I mean not render at All, I have a Pentium III 733 MHZ and 512 MB of Ram and my Graphic card is an ELSA ERAZOR X 2 W/ 32 MB of RAM. Is posible I could do something wrong. my Hard disk is fast too (5200) I wrote two days ago to the people of DAZ and by now I have an answer. Please let me know if anyone have the same problem and if there is a way to solve it, Thanks to all of you Pablo

whoopdat ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 8:52 PM

I have a similar configuration and have had no problems yet. I've rendered Vik2 with the updo just fine. What I'm curious of, what OS are you running? Windows 95/98/98se/2000? That could have something to do with it, but not necessarily. P.S. Do you mean 5400 or 7200 RPM drive? 7200 is better of course.

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 9:02 PM

I render fine, here...Most of the time. However, I did notice that the updo hair caused a slow down. I think, as we become more photorealistic, we are going to need yet, even bigger and faster machines.

setenpab ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 9:16 PM

I running Windows ME, and my My Hard Disk is 5400 RPM, I really curious about it. I was planning to buy some Hi Res. Tex, but If they will not work in my machine ..., There will be a posibility of increase in some way the virtul memory or something ?

bjbrown ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 10:00 PM

Virtual memory will dramatically slow down your renders. I always know when the scene on which I'm working exceeds 12* MB of memory. I personally am going to increase my RAM before buying the new hi-res textures.

bjbrown ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 10:01 PM

128 MB, not 12*

Carmelo ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 2:20 AM

I have the same problems with a PIII 733 and 256MB of RAM. My HD is quite fragmented and full. This other problem.

Fox-Mulder ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 4:24 AM

You need a good 5-7 gigs FREE temp space. People forget about that. Without it your computer will run extremely poorly doing really big files, no matter what size RAM you have. Also ME stinks in my opinion- you should be running 98SE, and Win 2K is much better if you are serious about this business... Frankly, due to relatively low prices these days, I am eying the Dual P4's running Win 2K with SCSI DVD-RAM (9 Gigs per disk) cartridges...

Great Bizarro ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 6:18 AM

It seems Poser will just go to sleep if you don't have enough free drive space.

Al ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:30 AM

Actually I have Win Me, 256MB RAM, Athlon 1Ghz, ATI Radeon All in Wonder, Poser 4.0.3 and I have I crash on my system every time I use the Hi Texture. So I have scaled in photoshop the texture and I don't use the bump maps to prevent the problem.

setenpab ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 8:22 AM

Well, first of all Thakns for your replys, and I have a question, Fox-Mulder say that if I made a temp space of 5 or 7 Gigs could improve my renders, but How can I do it, How can I made this kind of FREE TEMP. and for AL, you say that you scaled the texture in Photoshop, that not reduce the quality ?. Well Thanks to all of you Pablo

snazzy ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 2:14 PM

98SE, 733 with 256MB ram, about 10 gigs free on fast defragged HD, 32mb Matrox Dual Max G400. Hi-rez textures still cause Poser to go to sleep with up-do. Works if I don't use bump maps, but that's whole point. I experimented with making them into tiffs, to avoid compression. No dif. I think I'll just try it in Bryce next, or try simplifying the bump maps somehow. Also changing my start-up so nothing loads in ram and rebooting before render for contiguous ram. Seems to be first thing that has taxed this machine ever.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.