Sun, Oct 6, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Sorry, but I'm done with Poser...

blackbonner ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2021 at 10:53 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:45 AM

I thought about writing this, or just leaving
unnoticed. But after 17 years of using Poser, with countless hours of work, learning new things after a new release, having fun and frustrating, being a member of this community for over a decade now, I think it would be dishonest to just drop it. 2003 was my starting point with computers and computer graphics. On a bundle software DVD in a magazine I found Poser 4 as a free trial program and I immediately fell in love with it. My first copy of Poser 5 was downloaded from a illegal host server, after this experience I purchased the software, because there were more viruses in that download then the actual software. Time went by and here we are, 2021 and Poser 12. I really had high hopes after Bondware bought Poser and 11.2 seemed to be a step forward. Poser 12 came out and it rendered faster and the library was less lagging, but it crashed almost every time I created a morph or used the t fitting room. The python script issue was bad enough but the material room became stubborn and unresponsive like the library in Poser 11 before. I can build a skin shader myself, but if I have to wait 30 seconds until Poser does the calculation if I connect a image map to the Root knot, it gets pretty quick pretty boring. And of course it crashes out of the blue, in the middle of an action, like dailing in some numbers for something uncommon like a hip rotation. Last weekend I was kicked out of Poser 12 5 times in a row, because I wanted to move LaFemme from left to right...boom, let's do it again! I'm a hobbyist in this field and I spend money on the program, the assets, props and figures, to have fun and maybe some decent results to show in a online gallery. I haven't very much time and frankly not the nerves to jump into the guts of the program and fix problems after problems without any benefit to the cause. Therefore I decided to leave the 3D World and Poser in particular behind me. Coming from an analogue Painter background, I will returne to my roots as such. I haven't any bad feelings towards any one here on Rendo or at Bondware, I simply jumped through to much rings on to many levels and finally lost interest in more of that.

!Firefly! ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2021 at 12:26 PM · edited Fri, 18 June 2021 at 12:27 PM

It is saaad to see that another valuable poser member is leaving, after so many years! May the future lead you to a more comfortable way for making your art.

Sometimes it might just be a simple issue to be fixed, but we tend looking to far expecting it to be complicated, not seeing it, as it is right in front of our eyes.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2021 at 11:21 PM

I think the problems you describe might be a Windows issue. There's people complaining about similar things happening with Poser 11, and it's linked to a particular Windows update.

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2958324

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 30 July 2021 at 4:10 PM

You Are Sure we can't convince you to engage/buy into another round of OS/System /Version upgrades? no expense spared?

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.