Thu, Oct 3, 12:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Prop parented to figure :: making the prop follow bends etc of the figure

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 01 July 2021 at 9:49 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

If prop P is parented to part W of figure F, sometimes I want to make P obey the bends etc caused in W by scaling or by morphs or by movements at joints at either end of W, and sometimes not. Currently that can only be done by Poser copying relevant parameter text from W into P, and by inserting into W the opposite members of those parameters. And sometimes, when the rotation order of P with respect to W is changed, or when P is deleted, the old follow-the-bend parameters remain, ans I find when I examine the saved .CR2 fine with a text-editor.That way, I have known P and/or W to accumulate a large archaeology of old joint-etc parameters which are no longer needed or wanted and make P misbehave, until I take the law into my own hands and remove the unwanted old joint-etc parameters with a text-editor.

Please let each prop have a click-box which means yes/no to telling P to follow W's bends, and another for following W's morphs. Clicking it would not affect the .CR2 file, except for settting one variable to 0 or 1, but that variable's current setting would tell Poser's renderer to obey W's bends when rendering P.

A common example with me is when F is a diver/frogman, and W is one of his forearms or upper-arms, and P is an elastic armband with an organization's name on it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.