Mon, Sep 16, 11:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:29 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Crowd figure by Biala & ScienceArtNature

amster33 ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 12:11 PM ยท edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 10:37 PM

I recently bought "crowd figure". It is a really a great product and it is fantastic to be able to apply reasonnably faithfully any g8 pose with such a simplified figure. I use it quite a much whenever I need chars in the background. But I have a couple of issues with it.

First, for some unknown reason, it s impossible to select a crowd char or one of its subpart in the scene. Of course, it is possible to select it in the scene tab, but clicking on a char does absolutely nothing. This is somehow annoying. If you want to, say, slightly twist the head of a char, one would like to click on the head and change the appropriate rotation, not go to the scene tab, follow the node hierarchy in order to find the head. Maybe, I am doing something wrong, but I really wonder how I could select directly the char or one of its children. (And yes, the char is ticked as selectable).

The second issue is more a suggestion. Presently there is a unique texture for the char and its cloth. I completely understand this choice and it is a good way to make this figure such light in terms of resources. But there is problem if you want to slightly modify the skin texture or the cloth texture (both would be required to add more diversity in a crowd). I regret that on top of these predefined texture there is no texture of a char without any cloth (in order to darken or lighten its skin, but also to generate a crowd on a beach!) and white clothes that could be applied as a LIE mask on top of the naked char texture to simply get colored clothes. Presently the alternative is either photoshop/gimp (not very difficult, but a bit overkill if you just want to add some color in a crowd) or adding real clothes. The later works well, but you muliply by at least 10 the complexity of the char!

Besides that, this is a really great asset that was a real need and that have no competitor (except a couple of very very old assets).

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 12:43 PM

Hello.

It would be best to send this directly to the vendor of the product via sitemail. That way they can answer any questions you have and consider your suggestion as well. ๐Ÿ˜„

Posting here is for order issues and products you are not happy with and need help from store staff. Generally the vendor will not see it here. ๐Ÿ˜„

Jenn

amster33 ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 1:36 PM

Thanks. I will do that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.