Fri, Oct 4, 10:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: RIP Sir Clive Sinclair

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2021 at 7:44 AM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 7:01 PM

British inventor, entrpreneur, genius and general purpose oddball inventor, Sir Clive Sinclair passed away yesterday - Sept 16 2021 - at the age of 81.

Although he wasn't widely known in the USA, he had a huge influence on home computing in the UK and Europe, with his 8 bit machine, the ZX Spectrum.  The Spectrum was responsible for launching the computer games and graphics careers of many people in the UK and beyond, including me, and thanks to this, many people in the industry today owe a huge debt of thanks to Sir Clive and his brilliantly inventive mind.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2021 at 8:30 AM

May he rest in peace.  

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2021 at 8:50 AM

R.I.P.

Eternal Hobbyist

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2021 at 10:13 AM

R.I.P. Sir Clive.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2021 at 3:11 PM

For anyone wondering what he was all about, there's a dramatized version of happenings in the early 8 bit years called Micro Men, over on YouTube.  It was originally shown on BBC a few years ago.  Worth watching to get an idea of how the early days of home computers looked in the UK, and the show is pretty funny in places, too.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

consumer573 ( ) posted Tue, 28 December 2021 at 5:16 PM

In the USA it was a Joint Venture between Timex and Sinclair corporation for the Timex SInclair computer which we probably still have somewhere's around.  Thanks for the information.

Interview in 2010 with SInclair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNXM6DhLaMo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.