Mon, Sep 9, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser Sales?

anniemation ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2021 at 2:29 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:47 AM

Does Poser ever go on sale?  Asking for the 12 year old daughter of an online friend.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2021 at 4:26 PM
Forum Coordinator Online Now!

Best ask Jenn Blake.

anniemation ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2021 at 8:12 PM

Hoping she pops in here.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2021 at 8:29 PM

She might consider buying Poser 11, if cost is an issue.

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/poser-11-for-windows-and-mac/112656/

There's really not a huge difference between them, particularly for a kid. Poser 11 is probably easier, since the Simple version of the Material Room has been removed from Poser 12.

Plus, Poser 12 is still in beta, and can be frustrating, when they fix one thing but break another.

And there's upgrade pricing, if she does want to move to Poser 12 in the future.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2021 at 12:24 PM

Poser 11 Pro can be had from NeoWin Deals for $80, which I guess is 'pocket-money' to today's kids. It's the stable version and as such much better for learning. Also the last Smith Micro Poser training DVD - now officially on YouTube - uses it throughout.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2021 at 6:17 PM

I'd be careful with generalizing how much money a 12 year old has.

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2021 at 11:34 AM

Hi. 

Poser really doesn't go on sale normally. We will do promotions on it from time to time. We do not have anything planned for the immediate future. The price for Poser 11 was reduced to the upgrade pricing and Poser 12 is what the PRO and regular versions were previously and that price was also largely reduced from previous pricing. 😄 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 01 November 2021 at 5:25 PM
Rhia474 posted at 6:17 PM Sat, 30 October 2021 - #4429606

I'd be careful with generalizing how much money a 12 year old has.

Or their ability to deal with betas :D

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2021 at 8:12 PM

I daresay every piece of software they have experienced in their lifetimes was either officially in beta or not tested that well and functionally in beta anyway. That's just software development these days.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.