Thu, Oct 3, 12:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: It would be great if someone made a script to convert duf to mc6 files

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 02 November 2021 at 5:25 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 8:27 AM

A nice script to convert duf to mc6 ( not mc6 to duf) would be wonderful, especially if affordable!
I don't mean just the material settings, just the textures so we didn't have to try and remember what ones we use on which set...lol.
If I make it in Poser first, no issues converting to DS, but if I make it in DS first, issues remembering each sets textures.
I always do my own material room settings in Poser anyway and know they won't look exactly like they do in Daz Studio.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

structure ( ) posted Thu, 04 November 2021 at 8:45 AM
Forum Coordinator

i am not sure how this could be done, it would need someone who understood the duf format(sadly I do not) I am sure someone would be able to do this though.

Locked Out

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2021 at 6:47 AM · edited Fri, 12 November 2021 at 6:56 AM
Forum Coordinator

Neither do I.

I just checked the DS code samples collection but it does as far as I can see not give many clues. Maybe better to just look at the available textures  and rebuild from scratch on a PhysicalRoot node.

Maybe a listing of the properties of the material may help you get started. Propertiesexample

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2022 at 10:01 PM

VedaDalsette just posted a comment on my A Few Books (Hardbacks) For DAZ Studio 4 Free Stuff item about successfully converting it (a DUF) to Poser using scripts by Ken1171...

"Thanks. Love these books! Love your morphs for them! Love how you kept them low poly, too. I used Ken1171's Prop Converter and Morph Converter to get the prop books into Poser. Worked like a charm."

So Ken1171 might be the man to ask

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2022 at 8:49 PM
Online Now!

The "DUF Prop Converter" script for Poser 12 has an option to convert entire sets of DUF material presets to Poser MC6 with simple drag and drop operation. Once you add the DS runtime folder as an external library in Poser, all the DS textures will be reused without duplication, which makes the conversions faster and save disk space.

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 29 November 2022 at 4:02 PM

Thanks all. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.