Mon, Sep 9, 10:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 9:02 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Grouping in Blender for poser clothing

anniemation ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2021 at 10:39 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:44 AM

I've tried naming the vertex groups and the area under the block (2.79) and Poser isn't seeing them as groups.  How is this done.  I'm sure this has been asked before so feel free to point me to an existing thread.

Thank you!

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2021 at 8:03 AM
Forum Moderator

Grouping for Poser with objects made in Blender is difficult if the object your making is Clothing then using the group editor in Poser will usually be your best option one thing you can also make sure if your exporting the item from Blender as an OBJ in the OBJ export options make sure that Polygroups is checked and Objects as OBJ Groups (see screen shot below) this sometimes work but majority of the time it does not that is why the grouping tool in Poser is your best option 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.