Sat, Aug 3, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 20 8:02 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Are there any plans to add Cycles as an interactive viewport mode?

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 1:24 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 4:45 PM

As stated in subject. This is the thing that perplexes me the most about Poser 11 & 12, especially 12: why isn't Cycles an interactive viewport mode?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2022 at 7:34 AM
Online Now!

IIRC, there is something in the works.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2022 at 10:11 AM

As a workaround, if you go to the render settings, preview tab, and uncheck the "enable hardware shading" checkbox, it will show the Firefly/PoserSurface material instead of the Superfly/Cycles material. It's not as good as a real Cycles view but it can be helpful when you are trying to pose your figures so you aren't just looking at white silhouettes. Just make sure you have a PoserSurface root with your texture map attached.

An alternate workaround is to switch to Firefly until you are ready to render. But personally, when I do that, I always forget to switch back before rendering. Maybe you are smarter than me and won't have that problem. ;)

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2022 at 12:04 PM

Bondware had officially announced the introduction of CyclesX last year, which I believe is fast enough to allow interactive viewport mode - assuming people have a decent GPU. However, I believe the current priority is to complete unimesh Poser, so [I assume] everything else will have to wait until that is done. I am hoping unimesh Poser might see the light of day still this year.

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2022 at 12:39 PM

Even though it's a very interesting (and desired) functionality, I wish that they first correct the nasty bugs hiding deep inside the couple RTX/Cycles, especially now that they've enrolled a Cycles guru last year.
In the mean time, I'm using a preview mode using Posersurface and using a script, I switch my figures to cycles.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2022 at 5:03 PM

Or a Linux version of the Queue Manager so we could linux render in Cycles? still hating on W10

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2022 at 7:31 PM

See here:

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/538/poser-update-poser-120703-improves-usability-and-material-room-performance

Supposedly, it's in the development pipeline: "Latest Cyles updates and support for Cycles X Viewport"

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2022 at 3:46 AM

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.