Mon, Oct 21, 10:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: How to upload purchased products.

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2022 at 4:57 AM · edited Sat, 12 October 2024 at 8:40 PM

Hi !

There is a post explaining how to load the products purchased on Renderosity into the Poser software. I ask for another member who speaks only Italian (almost like me :). I have my own method but working on an iMac, I'm afraid of giving wrong indications to someone who works on a PC.

My Store

My Freestuff

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2022 at 5:44 AM

Everyone has their own method but this is the one that works for me.   BTW, it's "Download", not "Upload", when it's from somewhere else to your computer.

Once I have the product downloaded, I unzip to my main hard drive directory, using "Unzip to (whatever the product name is)".

I open this folder and browse to Runtime.

Copy the Runtime folder to whichever of my Poser Runtimes I want to put the product into (I have many different Runtimes).

An option is to then move the product folders into subfolders within each category.  For example, in Characters, I have several different categories, such as DAZ figures, Toon figures, and so on.

That's about it.

It's not the simplest but in the long run, it's the easiest for me because it means I can find things easily.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2022 at 6:57 AM · edited Sat, 29 January 2022 at 6:57 AM

I am using the same method as SamTherapy, with one more step: each figure/props/mats/pose etc is moved into a folder with the name of the vendor of the object itself, and if I buy more textures from some other vendor, I put them under the figure/pros pose/mat folder as well.

Example with 3D-Age:

M5Rf6mHq8FghTQAEIPTjkkpwyMWC5yYuhurxl7u2.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

NikKelly ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2022 at 7:39 PM

I prefer the 'external library' route, as I have many, many thousands of models, some pre-dating P3, in different formats across two big 'data' drives. My 'Sorted' category for basic figures, vehicles and other props is tiny percentage of my archive. Usually, I just search with 'Explorer', link in what I need, un-link when done.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2022 at 1:31 AM

NikKelly posted at 7:39 PM Sun, 30 January 2022 - #4434081

I prefer the 'external library' route, as I have many, many thousands of models, some pre-dating P3, in different formats across two big 'data' drives. My 'Sorted' category for basic figures, vehicles and other props is tiny percentage of my archive. Usually, I just search with 'Explorer', link in what I need, un-link when done.

As a long time windows user, when I read "I just search with Explorer" I just can't help but say "Everything"
It's a free tool that you will find at https://www.voidtools.com/
This tool finds your files as fast as you can type... and each "Everything" user still wonders why Micro$oft isn't using the same tool, as it's based on their own NTFS itself...

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.