Tue, Oct 1, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Reply Comments have Disappeared

RubyTuesday70 ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 7:04 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:19 PM

I don't know if this has been addressed already but I just noticed that all my replies to comments under my gallery images have disappeared. 

Is there a chance this will be fixed or are they gone for good?

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 9:15 AM

Hi RubyTuesday70, that's definitely something I'll need to look into. Can you post a link to the images that are acting up? I looked through your gallery and saw replies here and here.

robertswww ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 9:32 AM

I noticed the same thing today, Friday March 11th, 2022... In my gallery, when someone leaves a comment, I always respond with a reply thanking them, etc. I have done this on every comment for each of my gallery images.  Today, all of my replies to people who left comments on my images are no longer displayed.

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 9:59 AM
I see the issue now in both of your galleries. We're currently working on a fix, I'll keep you all updated.

RubyTuesday70 ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 10:07 AM
lauraguo posted at 9:15 AM Fri, 11 March 2022 - #4435775

Hi RubyTuesday70, that's definitely something I'll need to look into. Can you post a link to the images that are acting up? I looked through your gallery and saw replies here and here.

I posted those replies today (even on the older image). Anything before that is gone. Thank you for looking into it!!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 12:49 PM · edited Fri, 11 March 2022 at 12:51 PM

The little emoticons in comments and replies don't show either or they show like question marks and weird ASCII metacharacters.

Happy Friday! 😄

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 3:47 PM

TwiztidKidd, we're looking into that as well. Happy Friday :) 

ebasham ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2022 at 11:02 PM
Site Admin

Good evening,

Our dev team has worked vigorously to get these issues resolved. All of these issues have been found and resolved. It took a while to go through and fix all of the malformed comments. There was no great way to do it, other than go through all 23,000,000. Luckily computers are faster than me, and we were able to get this issue patched up before the weekend!

Off to the next thing... :smile:

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2022 at 8:47 AM

Thank you so much! NnCS1ZC5Uwd3doBzTGVtKxgVICS2GCOqzLgpNo89.pngHave a Great Weekend!

RubyTuesday70 ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2022 at 9:41 AM
ebasham posted at 11:02 PM Fri, 11 March 2022 - #4435800

Good evening,

Our dev team has worked vigorously to get these issues resolved. All of these issues have been found and resolved. It took a while to go through and fix all of the malformed comments. There was no great way to do it, other than go through all 23,000,000. Luckily computers are faster than me, and we were able to get this issue patched up before the weekend!

Off to the next thing... 😄

Yikes!!! That sounds like a tedious task, thank you so much for fixing things! have a wonderful weekend!

robertswww ( ) posted Sat, 12 March 2022 at 9:45 AM

Replies to comments are now showing... woo-hoo! I'm guessing that it was maybe because I reply to each person using the @ symbol before their username... anyway, thanks for the fix!

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 1:27 AM
Online Now!

Gallery bots are gone. Just in case anyone cares..

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.