Thu, Oct 3, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Images missing from FreeStuff pages

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Fri, 18 March 2022 at 5:23 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 11:30 PM

I've noticed this with many freestuff items. I do a Freestuff search, find what I'm after (there's a thumbnail in the search results), go to the item's page and... no picture.

E.g. search FreeStuff for "armor", scroll down to G2 Personal Armor (G2PA) which is in the 5th row of 3 in my search results like this (i.e. with an image)...

TVHsl7oFx5ff2IFV9HiUafoCJsfvzwkyGYrjPH6n.jpg

...click on it to go to the page  ( G2 Personal Armor (G2PA) (renderosity.com) )and...

no picture.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

lauraguo ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2022 at 11:45 AM

3dcheapskate, thanks for reporting this. We've added this to our list of things to fix, but it may take a bit to get to it. We appreciate your patience. :)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2022 at 12:53 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Looking through my own freebies, it looks like older things. Back before sometime in what appears to be 2013, freebies didn’t have a separate image and thumbnail. It was only the thumbnail that showed in both places. It’s possible the current setup isn’t recognizing that. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

lauraguo ( ) posted Tue, 22 March 2022 at 5:01 PM · edited Tue, 22 March 2022 at 5:08 PM
RedPhantom posted at 12:53 PM Tue, 22 March 2022 - #4436254

Looking through my own freebies, it looks like older things. Back before sometime in what appears to be 2013, freebies didn’t have a separate image and thumbnail. It was only the thumbnail that showed in both places. It’s possible the current setup isn’t recognizing that. 

Oh interesting, I was not aware of that--this is very possibly the issue. Thank you for posting this info.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2022 at 3:07 AM
RedPhantom posted at 12:53 PM Tue, 22 March 2022 - #4436254

That could well be it :)

And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

lauraguo ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2022 at 4:47 PM · edited Fri, 25 March 2022 at 4:48 PM

This issue has been fixed. Freestuff items should now all have images on their corresponding page. :) Please let me know if you see any more issues with this.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2022 at 5:03 AM

Thank you lauraguo - and RedPhantom too. :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.