Sun, Oct 6, 8:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: M3 based "2nd Skin" Spiderman texture anywhere?

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2022 at 8:57 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:27 AM

As the thread title asks, is there a "second skin" type texture mapped for Michael 3 (and thus Hiro 3) depicting Spiderman's costume anywhere?  The reason I specify for the legacy Millennium 3 figures (which are all more or less identical) is because I wish to apply it to a heavily morphed version of Hiro 3.  If the pattern works for M3, then it'll map upon H3.  It doesn't even need to work upon the head as I will be showing the character "unmasked".

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2022 at 9:52 AM

I haven't seen an M3 second skin based on the Spiderman anywhere, only M4.  You can check ShareCG for any availability.  If you own Texture Convertor 2, or the original Universal Texture Convertor, and all the associated plugins you can convert an M4 texture map to M3 or Hiro 3.  Otherwise, you might be stuck.

JoePublic ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2022 at 10:17 AM

I sent you a PM, Redfern.

Looks like more and more of the classic old stuff goes into oblivion.

:-(

JoePublic ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2022 at 10:34 AM · edited Wed, 08 June 2022 at 10:34 AM

Rendered a quick test on my weightmapped Hiro 3:

Dhli3TWMhvVViSCYgjwUWlixNoXpY8gZRCf3qnBf.jpg

The texture looks pretty good, given that it originally was made for M3 back in 2004.

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2022 at 10:43 AM

Got your message, Joe!

That's perfect!

And since the Mil' 3 figures have a "socks" morph for the feet, nothing more is needed!

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2022 at 11:21 AM

326MJvcLorYKeMIvIbTodxaMd5FPmABCL9mab6MF.jpg

As noted above, this is exactly what I wanted!

Thanks!

Yes, Space Protectorate Force Cadet Droulin Phahnboi does look a bit like Howdy Doody.  His design is intentional.

Sunfire ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2022 at 11:26 AM
Redfern posted at 11:21 AM Wed, 8 June 2022 - #4439710

Yes, Space Protectorate Force Cadet Droulin Phahnboi does look a bit like Howdy Doody.  His design is intentional.

I LOVE his name! LOL

Sunfire's Creations

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2022 at 11:34 AM

Sunfire posted at 11:26 AM Wed, 8 June 2022 - #4439711

I LOVE his name! LOL
Thanks!  he's one of the characters from this long "dead" web-comic which I co-created along with (the late) Paul Scott Gibbs.

http://www.mzzkiti.com/profile05.htm

Some years ago I challenged myself to depict the cast in polygonal form.  Given my graphite based designs Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 proved the best choices for the exercise.

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2022 at 12:28 PM · edited Thu, 09 June 2022 at 12:28 PM

The final arrangement...

91ba5UgzsTzOeHUdlXsW63fwcKI0FoQdwntszruW.jpg

Mzzkiti:  "So, I'm cosplaying as whom, exactly?"

o3lJsjipSjIvqZVFNPuAzEvybX84D3DoFML495t9.jpg

Phahnboi:  "Why, Spiderman's greatest nemesis..."

zZ9JXEQAhbY46PZrM080FRtoSLGG1waKJZCBXrMU.jpg

Phahnboi:  "...Dr. Octopussy!"

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2022 at 2:27 PM

Lol... Awesome ❤

And... woah: that fur is amazing

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2022 at 3:14 PM

Y-Phil posted at 2:27 PM Thu, 9 June 2022 - #4439750

And... woah: that fur is amazing

It's an item used a bit unconventionally, an EasyPose rigged tail figure that, sadly, has been unavailable for several years, but here's the defunct product page for those curious...

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=74613

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2022 at 3:26 PM

I'm sure I made one years ago, along with a texture for Sharby's mask.  I'll see if I can find it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2022 at 3:33 PM
SamTherapy posted at 3:26 PM Thu, 9 June 2022 - #4439754

I'm sure I made one years ago, along with a texture for Sharby's mask.  I'll see if I can find it.

My immediate need was resolved thanks to JoePublic, but if you have a Spiderman texture mapped for M3 that you're willing to share with the Poser community at large, I'm sure users of those legacy figures will appreciate it!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2022 at 4:49 AM

Well, it turns out I can't redistribute it because I worked on a texture by someone else - can't remember who - so it's not entirely original.  Sorry.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2022 at 8:33 PM

lFkQjzvpinqOpTpTR1GVLxCHwrBw4TkCISdpxMU9.jpg

Looks like Mzzkiti raided Droulin's Spidey jammies!

Since the textures fit M3 and Hiro 3, logically they should fit Aiko 3 and by extension, Melody for A3, the figure I use to depict Lt. Mzzkiti a web comic OC of of mine.  Because I use the "Kasa for Aiko" digitigrade feet (a long discontinued product), admittedly, there's a bit of texture stretching around the ankle, but it could be far worse.  For her opera styled mask, I used the goggles from Joe Quick's Cat Woman set for V4 and geometry "cloned" from the heavily morphed head of Mzzkiti.  The Spiderman mask pattern is from JoeQuick's M4 set.

Well, I admit this is getting quite silly!  I rather expect Graham Chapman's military officer to enter and break up the proceedings!  "Right!  That's quite enough of that!"

bwldrd ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2022 at 5:55 AM

@redfern , where are those octo-arms from?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2022 at 6:25 AM

bwldrd posted at 5:55 AM Tue, 21 June 2022 - #4440151

where are those octo-arms from?

From this product, the Technophilia Volume 1 - Techno Tentacles.  They have a nice feature to play with the scaling which does NOT distort the bends and twists.  I can use these same arms, flattening then along the "Y" axis to resemble the "dryer hose" type arms of the "Lost in Space" Robot B-9.

The pincers come from a vintage product which may no longer be available Ajax's "EasyPose Tentacle".  They are a separate figure that would normally conform to the larger tentacle, but for this setup I simply "parented" them.  I also "hid" the base of the claw leaving only the digits visible  I thought they looked more like the twee "fingers" of the "golden age" styled arms.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.