Sun, Oct 6, 6:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 3:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Genital question concerning L'Homme

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2022 at 11:37 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 8:34 PM

So another question.  Is there a way to save out L'Homme's genital prop with a new material zone added like in a PZ2 file? 

I created a new material and group called 'Head' using the Grouping Tool (found a vid on YouTube that gave me the info on how to use it)

Part of the reasoning is that I need to create a hooded morph for the penis as my new Asian character I'm working on is uncut (research shows that MOST of the Asian nations do not support circumcision so I need to make a morph) I think creating this morph with this material set up, I'm hoping, will make it over to ZBrush and be easier to make with a material zone to help mask without disturbing the rest of the prop! 

PLUS with the new material zone I will be able to create just a head material so when the user wants to use a cut morph the head will have an option to look as it should.  Currently, what I've found is that even though the uncut texture I've cobbled together looks good when it's pulled back it's still the uncut texture and that doesn't look right!  LOL

So again, is there a way to export the modified genital conformer, perhaps as a PZ2 file to be applied to it?  

Thanks so much
Richard 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2022 at 12:01 PM

No chance. Materials are based on the models UV map. Modifying it will change these map. The UV definitions are part of the OBJ file.

Changing the material groups forces Poser to write a new OBJ file.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2022 at 4:12 PM

Well I saved it out as a prop and can rig it, still has the UV in tact!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2022 at 4:57 PM · edited Thu, 14 July 2022 at 5:07 PM
Forum Moderator

Yes you absolutely can. You can do this by simply editing the Materials zones in Poser, using the group tool, and then saving a new copy of the figure to the library. Choose the "create new geometry" option. Poser will automatically generate the new OBJ.

There's a better way. The auto-created OBJ files will be divided at the body part seams. You can create a better result by taking a few extra steps.

1. Find the original OBJ for the figure and import it like a prop. 100% and no options checked. (DO NOT START WITH THE FIGURE!!!!111oneonebangbang. Import the OBJ)

2. You must not move the prop, add or remove polygons. ( ... this is why we don't start with the figure. It may have baked in translations and the geometry must not get moved)

3. Use the group tool in Poser to create a new material zone. (same way you did on the figure)

4. Export the prop as an OBJ. "Include existing groups" and "Preserve Material Names" checked and no other options, Scale100% (this creates an MTL file too. You don't need the MTL. Delete it.)

5. Now find the CR2 for the original character and open it in any text editor. (Notepad or a CR2 editor, Don't use "Word".)

6. There will be two references to the OBJ file. Edit them both to refer to your new geometry. (One is near the top of the file and the other about mid-way)

7. Save the edited CR2 with a new file name. like MyFigure.cr2

8. Back to Poser. Open the new CR2. The new material group will be assigned a random color.

9. Edit the new material zone to have an appropriate texture and save the edited figure to the library. (Keep existing geometry.)

Now you have a figure with your extra material zones and the OBJ is not divided as would be the case with an auto-generated OBJ.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2022 at 8:33 PM

THANK you so much Charles.  I so appreciate the input and it was what I was looking for.  YAY!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2022 at 9:56 AM
nerd posted at 4:57 PM Thu, 14 July 2022 - #4441298

Yes you absolutely can. You can do this by simply editing the Materials zones in Poser, using the group tool, and then saving a new copy of the figure to the library. Choose the "create new geometry" option. Poser will automatically generate the new OBJ.

And it is allowed to pass the newly created OBJ? For example, as part of a product in the store?

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 7:47 PM
adp001 posted at 9:56 AM Sat, 16 July 2022 - #4441371
nerd posted at 4:57 PM Thu, 14 July 2022 - #4441298

And it is allowed to pass the newly created OBJ? For example, as part of a product in the store?

I dont think it is, without encoding it.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 10:20 PM

It's all good.  The way Charles explained it worked just fine.  My new pack I'm finishing up for L'Homme will come with some new genital morphs, 22 to be exact!  Thanks! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.