Fri, Jul 12, 11:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:55 am)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Blender exporting with hidden mat zones

anniemation ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2022 at 10:17 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 8:50 AM
Online Now!

This usually happens after importing from ZBrush.  Poser imports with pngs attached.  Then there's the objs with extra NONE zones.  Where are these hiding in Blender?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2022 at 6:18 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I believe those are created when there are polygons that don't have a material assigned to them

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

anniemation ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2022 at 6:33 AM
Online Now!

Oh okay.  Thank you.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2022 at 7:54 AM · edited Sun, 17 July 2022 at 7:55 AM
Forum Moderator

If you are using the GOB which is similar to the GOZ plugin from Zbrush into Blender in the GOB add-on imports from Zbrush's  exports a ploygroups to fack mask which when imported  to Blender might show up as extra NONE zones when exported out of Blender. This is why it is usually recommended that you uncheck that box if you are using the Blender GOB add-on in it's setting under preference's. Blender does not currently know how to handle ploygroups to fack mask see image below 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

anniemation ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2022 at 8:07 AM
Online Now!

Thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.