Sun, Oct 6, 6:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 3:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser Out of Memory Issue

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2022 at 12:08 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:44 PM

Well Poser crashed in the middle of working with the morphing tool. 

So I'm wondering if there is a way to stay  on top of the memory usage and if there is a way to recover from a situation like this... this will be for Poser 11. 

I know there are limitations for the older Poser versions before 12 but there must have been some brilliant person that figured out a way to get out bad situations like this. 

You know, you get to working and you don't forget to save and then this happens sort of situation!

Thanks for any tips, tricks and help! 

Richard 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2022 at 2:43 PM · edited Wed, 07 September 2022 at 2:43 PM
Online Now!

If you are in the middle of a may-be-long session of a lot of modifications, I suggest that you first save your project, so that Poser has a file to save regularly, using its auto-save function:

9lluholpmRkqfp1r2NUQ5rRggio1sVvP1K42mPzN.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2022 at 3:08 PM

Ah, of course, Auto Save.  Thank you! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2022 at 3:09 PM

What does the Number of Versions refer to?  Seconds and Minutes seems pretty self explanatory but that other is a bit confusing. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2022 at 3:25 PM
Online Now!

I suppose that it only keeps the defined number of old versions: the oldest are progressively deleted...
It's a kind of balance between "how long I'd like to return in the past of my project" and the place it eats on a disk: myy biggest one is 2Gb, hold 13 vic4 (plus that hairs, the little bikinis) and a swimming pool. So if you count the current scene plus 3 olds plus the first copy it creates, that's 10Gb that will remain on the hard disk, till you delete them.
Actually, my Poser12 gallery has 173 folders, not to count many sub-folders, with a lot of autosave sub-sub-folders, some housekeeping is needed from time to time 😁

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2022 at 3:45 PM

Ah, makes sense.  Thanks again! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2022 at 4:11 PM
Online Now!

You're welcome 😄

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2022 at 9:52 PM
Y-Phil posted at 2:43 PM Wed, 7 September 2022 - #4444079

If you are in the middle of a may-be-long session of a lot of modifications, I suggest that you first save your project, so that Poser has a file to save regularly, using its auto-save function:

9lluholpmRkqfp1r2NUQ5rRggio1sVvP1K42mPzN.png

Well THIS is a thing that should be reiterated with EVERY Poser tutorial. Thanks for the info!

JAFO ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2022 at 12:38 PM · edited Thu, 15 September 2022 at 12:38 PM

I've been tracking this problem for quite a while. Not a solution but a possible work-around is when you get the out-of-memory error, before clicking the OK button releasing the warning, open task manager, expand the Poser entry there and right click/end task the offending CCF node, the one that shows excessive memory usage.(no problem indicated here even though it says poser not responding/ it always says Poser not responding on my system...) .. You can then proceed as if nothing happened, ending that CCF node seems to have no effect on current work in progress(at least in my experience)... good luckOuiClkyIivPSJ3yYpU8J7VvokCGvzlnQE2DbZrzh.jpg

Y'all have a great day.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2022 at 2:48 PM

I did investigate that area before I clicked the OK dismiss button but I don't think I knew what I was looking for so gave up!  Thanks so much

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

JAFO ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2022 at 6:20 AM · edited Sat, 17 September 2022 at 7:46 AM

This is what it actually looks like... I didn't get an OOM error, but I noticed a lag so I checked... 45gb+ and I wasn't doing much of anything. If I hadn't killed that node it would have eaten up all 64gb pretty quickly. Clicked end task on that node and returned to work with no issue.... Strange days indeed.5jE0EsiP2RgYTJqTlVjDSlXkTC3zSfRGRh07FfIU.jpg

Y'all have a great day.

JAFO ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2022 at 6:22 AM

Can some please explain how or why that last post is so long?

Y'all have a great day.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2022 at 7:47 AM
Site Admin
JAFO posted at 6:22 AM Sat, 17 September 2022 - #4444644

Can some please explain how or why that last post is so long?

Somehow you ended up with a bunch of paragraph breaks at the end. I removed them

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

JAFO ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2022 at 1:38 PM

Thank you Red.

Y'all have a great day.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.