Sat, Sep 14, 11:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: My Poser 12 Library is a Mess

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2022 at 4:42 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Hello,

When I upgraded from Poser 11 to 12 I clearly messed up my runtime and am pretty sure that my Library is a mess.  I've attached a screen grab of the Figures tree.  For example, I don't seem to have the free and legacy figures that come with Poser. How do I restore the Library to its "shipped to" condition and then add any content that I have purchased?

Thank y ou.O1SLXnWi3v1SaWybSwqAQN9g1tNm09FcqQ57vbWV.JPG

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2022 at 6:32 AM

That bottom folder entitled Runtime is "illegal" and can cause problems down later.  Your best bet is to completely uninstall P12 and delete all your content including all related folders.  Reinstall everything.  For the additional content, you need to go to Posersoftware.com and with your validated license access the section that contents the legacy files.  I see that you did not link your Poser 11 Content to Poser 12.

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2022 at 7:45 AM

Oh, wow. Okay I've uninstalled P12 and restarted my computer. When you say "delete all your content including all related folders" was that accomplished by uninstalling P12 or is that a separate task that still needs to be done? -- And if so, how do I do it?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2022 at 9:50 AM

Anything that is not installed by the Poser.exe remains behind.  You need to go to the main runtime folder and delete that and possibly the Poser 12 content and Included folders.  You can only verify this by going to each location the content should be installed, typically the share folders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.