Sat, Sep 14, 11:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: What to do with the Included Content

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2022 at 5:05 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 3:51 AM

Hello guys,

I have just reinstalled my copy of Poser 12 (because the contents of my Library was all messed up.)  I have also entered my License Key and downloaded the Included Content (see attached).  Could someone tell me what the next step is please?  They are all zipped files and I believe that I should unzip them in the the C/Users/ Public/ Public Documents/ Poser 12 Content/ Runtime folder (see attached). Is that correct? If so do I just place them in the Runtime folder and unzip them one by one?

Thank you!k7NoBngUhM7mzQyLC8T8vfmB64lXPKrSL9dxMMDr.JPG0yXwqCVKOiH9BGbdAhg3GS6Y3qSE6ex47oS8y7sD.JPG

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2022 at 5:40 PM
Online Now!

Open Poser 12.

Click File, scroll down to Install Zip File.

Choose file.

Choose which runtime you want it in. I suggest  selecting the one called 'Download' from the menu by dropdown. That library is created for you. If you want to create one on an external drive, do it before you start any install. Just make a folder, call it what you like.

Click Install.

Do this for each Zip file.

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 12 November 2022 at 5:55 PM

I select all files and unzip them into one folder, which I keep separate on my external HD. The rest is handled like you wrote. I copy all the unzipped content into the Public/Public Documents/Poser Content Folder. Don't copy the stuff into the runtime folder, that would be a mess.
Next thing is to start Poser and refresh the library. The content should be ready to use now.
Hope that helped, have fun and happy rendering.

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2022 at 5:35 AM

Thank you go both of you guys. I appreciate the guidance. Rhia I followed yours to a "T" and it worked.  My Library trees now look correct.

Blackbonner - yours looks intriguing but I'm not sure that the advantages or disadvantages are of doing it your way?  When you say to start Poser and refresh the library, how do yo do that?

And, finally, for people with more than one computer, what is the best way to share the content? Can you keep it in a folder in Dropbox and use Dropbox to share that folder with your computers? I have 2 in the United States and one in Greece.

blackbonner ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2022 at 11:09 AM

I think it's pretty obvious why I prefer to unzip a whole bunch of files at once. My zip file folder is about 25 gb strong, that's about 4000 single zipped files. It would took weeks to install then into the library one at a time. The content files from Poser are manageable that way, but I don't see why I should treat them diffently. 

Since I keep my runtimes stored on an external hard drive anyways, I can just plug the HD to another PC with Poser on it and start working. I don't think sharing runtimes via lan or even w-lan from a server would work, because of the amount of data traffic. But that's just me point of view, I don't have test this.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 22 November 2022 at 2:12 PM · edited Tue, 22 November 2022 at 2:12 PM
Forum Moderator

Or the super easy 1 button and forget it method.Using the library to do it you, don't need to download the zips. It downloads and install the content in one click.

The highest effort in this method is you will need to remember your store login. Included content will be installed in it's own separate library "Included".

Once the download and install finishes ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.