Mon, Oct 21, 9:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser 12 Mac doesn't always load libraries when starting up

rtamesis ( ) posted Tue, 29 November 2022 at 9:51 AM · edited Tue, 15 October 2024 at 8:25 AM

I don't see any forum for bug reports so I'll post these here. Sometimes Poser 12 on the Mac doesn't load libraries the starting up. I have to quit the app and start it up again in order for the ibraries to appear, Also, sometimes Poser 12 hangs when quitting the app, forcing me to force quit it instead. I hope these bugs get fixed in Poser 13.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 29 November 2022 at 10:48 AM
Online Now!

These issues should be reported here if you haven't  yet:

https://support.posersoftware.com/

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 29 November 2022 at 11:51 AM
Forum Moderator

FYI Both of these issues are known and the dev team is working on them. The lingering after shut down issue affects Windows and Mac and has proven to be quite elusive. Some task or combination of tasks sets up the shut down issue, the "IT" factor. We've yet to find the actual cause of that one. If any of you figure out the particular combination of tasks to trigger the shut down getting stuck please let me know. I've been hunting that "IT" for months.

rtamesis ( ) posted Tue, 29 November 2022 at 12:22 PM

I have multiple libraries when I start up Poser. Does this bug affect only those with multiple libraries or does it also affect those with only the default Poser library?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2022 at 1:38 PM

IMO, this has nothing to do with the number of runtimes. I mean; one runtime is only a list with one item. 15 runtimes is the same list, there's just, somewhere, 14 loops more, but the principle remain: from time to time, something is going wrong and the library window remains empty
It can be the database that didn't responded, leading to a unmanaged situation and an empty window for example.

I think that the Dev team should introduce a kind of switch somewhere, false by default. and if set to true, a more complete log file could be filled, helping the dev team to target some deep-hiding bugs, such as the one that makes the RTX Cycles-based engine crash for seemingly difficult-to-find reasons.
I develop all day long in Odoo's framework, a Python-based ERP, and there are some switches that can explode the log file, depending on its setting.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.