Wed, Sep 18, 2:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Amateur or semi-pro opportunity

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 02 January 2023 at 11:41 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:04 PM

I've not been active on Renderosity for a Looooong time, but back in the day (yo), if I came across a interesting project or potential project, I would mention it here; this one, if I wasn't swamped I would be working on 18 hours a day... it would almost certainly suck (see "not active" statement, prior), but it's neat...

a multiple New York Times Best Selling Author has put together a mini-script for a animation similar to the "Cars" toons, but featuring military hardware; he'd like to see a animation for a movie trailer based on this.

Budget: zero.

exposure, best selling author, 30 to 60 seconds long, not all that difficult, interesting.

I'll check back, as I don't know if renderosity allows contact info in forums these days.

RealDeal ( ) posted Thu, 05 January 2023 at 10:25 PM

While I have received some off-site replies, non on renderosity, which ... have things changed THAT much?

Moving it to a slow/low burn project.

Warlock279 ( ) posted Mon, 09 January 2023 at 4:19 PM

RealDeal posted at 10:25 PM Thu, 5 January 2023 - #4453184

While I have received some off-site replies, non on renderosity, which ... have things changed THAT much?

Honestly, just sounds like a lousy gig. That's an insane amount of work for zero budget, I'm not sure i'd be able to call that "not all that difficult".

Maybe you can get away with pre-made assets for the background/sets, but you're almost certainly looking at modeling/texturing/rigging [at least two, probably more "characters"] from scratch, lip-sync as well I'd assume. Probably wouldn't be able to recycle the rig from one character to another if you're talking about something like a jeep, a tank, and a plane. 30 to 60 seconds is a LOT of animation and you're not going to be able rely on mocap or stock animation sequences since they're non-traditional characters.

Depending on the script, I'd be estimating at least a month worth of work for an "amateur"-grade product, longer if you want it polished up to the level of "Cars". I agree, you WOULD be working on it 18 hours a day, 7 days a week if you wanted it done anytime in the near future. Might be different if you could use stock assets for everything, but that's not going to be the case with those unique characters.

Then you'll need talent for VA as well.

Ooph, that's just too much work for the always ambiguous "exposure".

Please understand that I'm not saying its a "bad project", I don't know enough about the project itself to make any claim one way or another, I'm just saying it seems like a "bad gig" to me, so I wouldn't expect a large response. Also the forums here are pretty much dead-as anymore unfortunately. :(

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita

Uncanny_Film ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2023 at 11:24 AM
RealDeal posted at 10:25 PM Thu, 5 January 2023 - #4453184

What is the DeadLine for this.

Win10 - AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper 2950X, 16-Core, 32 Thread 4.4 GHz - 128GB Ram - X2 GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 3D-connexion  

Poser 12 | Octane Render |  Real-Flow | 3DCoat | Speed Tree | Adobe Premiere  |  Adobe After Effects |  Adobe Audition |  Adobe Photoshop

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.