Sat, Aug 3, 8:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: La Femme_LHomme_Mimes Of Murfeesboro

MeInOhio ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2023 at 7:03 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 10:07 PM

I bought the following product the other day

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=141263

I tried to use it today and I ran into a few issues. It might be something I am doing wrong. 

I loaded L'homme from the Poser 12 library. Then I switched to the Poser 11 library. (I install most of the Poser content to that library just to keep it all together, except for the Daz stuff which goes into the Daz library.)

I added the bodysuit for L'homme, conformed it and applied the texture.

Next I went to the LaFemme library as the stuff for this product is installed there...even the stuff for L'homme. From that category, I loaded the face for L'homme. It applied the white face but then brought up a box wanting me to find a file that I think was called "Color.png." That's from memory so it might not be the full name. I of course didn't know where to find it. So I stopped looking. Everything was fine, except L'homme had pink ears. I thought that that was part of the outfit at first. But then later when I looked at the product online, I saw that they weren't pink. So that must be the texture it couldn't find. Not sure whether the file is missing or what?

Next I tired to add the gloves and boots. They are suppose to work with L'homme.  But the gloves are clearly for a person with shorter arms. and conforming them did fix them. 

The boots didn't fit either. The feet stuck out and the legs too in places. I tried to scale them up. But that doesn't work. They keep getting bigger and bigger and just pile up on top of themselves. Doesn't matter which way you move the slider either. Reminds me of Ghostbusters. Also if you try to type in a value it goes to a valve different than what I enter. If I enter 112 if goes to 121. The original value was 110%, but once you move the slider you can't get it back to that value. You have to delete the boots and then re-load them.

There were some scripts for hiding the boots and they hands. I tried using them but they both gave an error about the magic number not being found or not being correct.

So anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2023 at 7:17 PM

I decided to load L'homme from the Poser 11 library and then apply the mask. It loaded as before. But this time the ears were black and there was a black ring around the white face. And it wanted me to locate L'Homme Head_Color.png.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2023 at 8:23 PM

The 'L'Homme Head_Color.png' is the default texture for the figure.  Somehow, when you applied the new texture, the program lost sight of its location.  To solve this, when you load L'Homme, enter the Material Room and note where the texture is located by opening the Texture Manager of the Color node.  It should be in the P12 runtime.  

The included script is for hiding the hands and feet; if it's not working in P12 then the script is P11-specific.  Contact Structure if he can update it for P12.  

Keep in mind, L'Homme loads into the Poser scene at a scale of 110%.  That is why the gloves don't match the figure before conforming.

I recommend that, in General Preferences, set your File Search to Deep under the Library tab.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2023 at 2:13 PM

Thanks. When I told it where to find the texture, his case of pink ear went away. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.