Sun, Oct 6, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser 13 buy in

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2023 at 6:59 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:21 AM

Do you think Poser 11 Pro will count towards an upgrade price for Poser 13? 

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

NikKelly ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2023 at 4:40 PM

Given those generous discounts to go from P_11 to P_12, I fear any P_11 to P_13 offer would be minimal...

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2023 at 10:24 PM

too bad. I'm not very inclined to up to P12 when 13 is soon. It will still be double anyway. 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 1:10 PM

Well, to be perfectly honest, the correct answer is 'we don't know until the official announcement and pricing comes out'.

That's how it always been. Unless a Renderosity employee answers you here, we are jus' speculatin'. :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 3:35 PM
Rhia474 posted at 1:10 PM Fri, 10 February 2023 - #4455638

Well, to be perfectly honest, the correct answer is 'we don't know until the official announcement and pricing comes out'.

That's how it always been. Unless a Renderosity employee answers you here, we are jus' speculatin'. :)

true that. 

terry0 ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2023 at 12:37 AM

I've got my sights on a new computer later this year.

I'm missing a couple of drives I think after I spilled my water through the top of my running computer.

Bonus one was Renderosity had all my purchases available for download. Bonus two was I got what I perceived as a good discount upgrade from my Poser 11, 2014 and

12 Pro.

It's been five years since I last had a running Poser setup but 12 seems nice and solid. I finally decided that I should bite the bullet and get back up to speed in advance of 13.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2023 at 6:33 AM
terry0 posted at 12:37 AM Sun, 12 March 2023 - #4458181

I'm missing a couple of drives I think after I spilled my water through the top of my running computer.

Bonus one was Renderosity had all my purchases available for download. Bonus two was I got what I perceived as a good discount upgrade from my Poser 11, 2014 and

12 Pro.

It's been five years since I last had a running Poser setup but 12 seems nice and solid. I finally decided that I should bite the bullet and get back up to speed in advance of 13.

One solution can be a NAS, stored protected under your desk, or anywhere in a room. Synology's are really efficient (I have nothing to do with them, it's just that Western Digital's aren't as good as they used to be, in my personal experience). And a NAS protected by an UPS is the perfect solution.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2023 at 5:55 AM
Y-Phil posted at 6:33 AM Sun, 12 March 2023 - #4458203
terry0 posted at 12:37 AM Sun, 12 March 2023 - #4458181

12 Pro.

One solution can be a NAS, stored protected under your desk, or anywhere in a room. Synology's are really efficient (I have nothing to do with them, it's just that Western Digital's aren't as good as they used to be, in my personal experience). And a NAS protected by an UPS is the perfect solution.

I have a two NAS systems squirreled away in other parts of the house, both are Synology, one is about two years old while the other is 7 years old.  I am more than happy with them and I like how easy to use the Synology software is.  One runs back up for my Poser and everyday date while the other holds recordings from a CCTV system, hence the reason they are hidden.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2023 at 7:59 AM
hornet3d posted at 5:55 AM Mon, 13 March 2023 - #4458280

I have a two NAS systems squirreled away in other parts of the house, both are Synology, one is about two years old while the other is 7 years old.  I am more than happy with them and I like how easy to use the Synology software is.  One runs back up for my Poser and everyday date while the other holds recordings from a CCTV system, hence the reason they are hidden.

vPxwKQeUvPftG5DQTwIn2T4QKBMnB7B336HjHG9E.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.