Mon, Sep 9, 6:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: I'd like to ask a brief question....

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2023 at 10:23 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 1:18 AM

If I may. Poser has Cloth simulation and Studio has D-Force. Does anyone know what the difference is, if any? Is there something about the process that's really that much different? Could you take a D-force item and clothify it in Poser?

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2023 at 12:48 PM · edited Fri, 17 February 2023 at 12:48 PM
Site Admin

You can export a d-force item from DS, use the DUF prop converter python from the Marketplace here, use D3D's dsf tools or any other way to make it into an .obj.  Import it in Poser and set it up as dynamic cloth.  I do it all the time with DS only d-force clothes that I'd like to use in Poser.

By far the easiest way is using the python script DUF Prop Converter

Here's an example:  I converted Hello Winter to La Femme for the Azraa promos.  Note:  in this image I converted only the sweater, not the turtleneck underneath because La Femme already had one and I did not use the bump maps from the original hence the difference in how it looks.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2023 at 6:43 PM

DForce, from my understanding, is partially rigged - it conforms to your figure,  though in a very blocky way,  and then you have it simulate from there.

Poser dynamics attach to a zeroed figure, working like a prop, and then simulate. It's likely (I say likely cause I haven't tried making DForce) much easier for the content creator to set up.

You might need, however, to set up dynamic groups in the cloth room. I find that easier to do by creating groups beforehand in Blender and importing that into Poser, but you can do it directly in Poser too. Dynamic groups let you define what will follow the body without dropping off (constrained), what should stay attached to the clothing but move with it  (soft decorated - good for pockets etc), what should follow the clothing but not deform (hard decorated - good for buttons and such)...

I've converted a bunch of DForce things into Poser with great success.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2023 at 8:51 PM
Site Admin

I've also converted dforce clothing to poser dynamics and was happy with the results.

In addition to the groups Ohki mentioned, you can also create your own dynamic groups to have different controls to simulate clothing with different fabrics, like a velvet dress with gossamer sleeves.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 8:26 AM

Another thing I was just informed: apparently, dForce requires an nVidia graphics card - it's their tech and calculations.

Poser dynamics are independent on that - they're calculated by CPU.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 8:56 AM · edited Sat, 18 February 2023 at 8:56 AM

Here is an example and of a dForce tank for Genesis8, exported from daz as a pure OBJ, scaled down for the sweet Brielle (lol - this Aiko3 character is "somewhat" smaller), and used in Poser's Dynamic Cloth room.

EXpZVboNzwpJO0do3whpwRMooeChNPxryIyQCOm2.png

I even had to ask Brielle to keep up the left strap so that the pic remained SFW 8sJoy58dEmXLoynAQnpW8F0VDh7Kvlywa6M70POu.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

NikKelly ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 11:52 AM

Bravo !!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 3:16 PM · edited Sat, 18 February 2023 at 3:16 PM

Another example, if you will - this is Lully's Flirtatious dress on my character Anuli for La Femme

chmC0nokIPNCrJzz8iv1ADKc0mjf6vC4y4gJHP4S.png

I added the bodice material to the constrained group and done!

- - - - - - 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 6:28 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 3:16 PM Sat, 18 February 2023 - #4456251

Another example, if you will - this is Lully's Flirtatious dress on my character Anuli for La Femme

chmC0nokIPNCrJzz8iv1ADKc0mjf6vC4y4gJHP4S.png

I added the bodice material to the constrained group and done!

Whoa, that looks nice!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 7:05 AM

I love Anuli, and this suits her so well 

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 10:13 PM

I buy dForce clothing to use in Poser (as long as it's super cheap!). I usually use D3D's DSF Toolbox to convert it.

The only issue I run into is dForce clothing can be layered. A dress wtih an overskirt and an underskirt, say. With Poser, they would be two separate garments. With dForce, they'll be one model.

It usually works all right anyway, but there might be some poke-through with the underskirt showing through the overskirt when you run the sim.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 5:17 AM
randym77 posted at 10:13 PM Sun, 19 February 2023 - #4456352

I buy dForce clothing to use in Poser (as long as it's super cheap!). I usually use D3D's DSF Toolbox to convert it.

The only issue I run into is dForce clothing can be layered. A dress wtih an overskirt and an underskirt, say. With Poser, they would be two separate garments. With dForce, they'll be one model.

It usually works all right anyway, but there might be some poke-through with the underskirt showing through the overskirt when you run the sim.

I'm not an expert with the cloth room but if I'm not wrong, one can set different parameters for different dynamic areas of the same cloth

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 7:53 AM

You can, yes. And the way to make layered things work is to make use of those dynamic groups + use self-collisions - will make the simulation calculation slower but very worth it, fabric won't poke into itself.

- - - - - - 

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 10:15 AM

EClark probably wouldn't have a problem with it, but I find grouping very, very difficult in Poser. 

If I was going to futz around with grouping, I'd probably break the garment into separate props. More useful anyway. Sometimes you want to use just the skirt or whatever.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 10:21 AM

Oh, and something I've been meaning to ask...has anyone tried dForce hair in Poser?

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 3:02 PM

randym77 posted at 10:15 AM Mon, 20 February 2023 - #4456381

EClark probably wouldn't have a problem with it, but I find grouping very, very difficult in Poser. 

If I was going to futz around with grouping, I'd probably break the garment into separate props. More useful anyway. Sometimes you want to use just the skirt or whatever.

A huge lot of times you can just add a previosly-set material zone to the group and done.

Hair is more of an issue - Poser doesn't let you weightmap/smooth those groups, so if you constrain the roots you end up with a visible line between roots and rest of the hair.

- - - - - - 

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 7:03 PM

Most “Dforce” hair (and garments, for that matter) come “pre-simmed.” They look just like conforming items, not the blanks slate of many Poser dynamic garments. I tried to clothify one hair set that started life as an unformed blob, and probably because of high poly count,  the sim just kept running with no change until I killed it. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.