Sat, Aug 3, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Legacy Poser External Library and Win 7 64 bit troubles

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 1:08 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 2:04 AM

Not sure if anyone will be able to assist or not given that I am working in Poser 2014. Trying to get back into finishing some products I started years ago before my father became gravely ill - been running into problems after problems.

Recently had a major HD failure on the workstation I was using that was running Poser Versions from 7/Pro through 2014 Pro. Lost a lot of work and content. Was able to save most of my Development files for Poser figures in the Dusk/Dawn series, though I do not have enough HD space on the machine in question now to resume work on it or reinstall.

Moved what I could over to a Windows 7 machine that I had been using as a Render Node. It had Poser 2012 Pro and 2014 GD on it but I had not used it much. I reverted GD to Poser 2014 Pro, and moved over my development runtime and linked it to my external backup runtime with all of my older content for scene building (same thing I was doing on the workstation...except the scene building runtime was on a local HD).

Library Manager with the External Library is giving me odd behavior in 2010, 2012 and 2014 on both Windows 7 machines I have tried it on. Icons are not loading properly, library images will sometimes not load properly, sometimes the interface buttons of library manager will not load properly, and it is across 3 versions of Poser on 2 machines now. I use the external Library window, and I was sure I had read about this issue before, but was not experiencing the problem at the time, so I do not remember the causes or fixes. I think it was something having to do with Adobe Air (which is not longer even supported).  Everything I am finding looking is for the issues with the embedded library and not helpful for this issue. I think the threads that may have discussed this were on the old RDNA forums, but at the time my installs on Windows XP were working fine.

Random buttons and icons in the library folders as well as the controls themselves are missing and have those graphic placeholder boxes.

• It is always random controls each time the library is opened, images in folders that are "missing" change too if navigating to other folders and back.
  • Poser Pro Versions 2010, 2012, 2014
  • Have confirmed it is the same with a fresh install of Poser Pro 2012 on this laptop so this is a Windows 7 not playing nice with Poser issue.
  • Have manually gone through the program directories and set the Core Executables and the LSMGUI library executables to run as administrator.
  • Wasted the last 2 hours manually adding exceptions to Windows Firewall to allow unrestricted access to the core Poser executables and the LSMGUI in each versions UI runtime for inbound and outbound traffic even though firewall is disabled on the machine I want this fixed on because it has no way to access the internet.
I am very frustrated and at the moment have again given up on making any art or content. If anyone out there knows what I am looking at, please help.vRWfy9EODZjDt6mR4v56i0I27BoPJTgCVmJ1zsME.jpg

I really need to get this fixed. Using a 3rd party library manager is not feasible, upgrading poser is not a fix as I need these versions working, and a new computer/os is out of the question.  I am hoping someone knows what is causing this.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 1:59 AM

Not sure if this will help but

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/499/how-to-fix-your-runtime-now-that-adobe-flash-has-reached-end-of-life

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 2:07 AM

No, that's for the embedded library, this is trouble with the External library

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 7:10 AM

Did you install all the latest SR packages?  You didn't mention that in the comments.

Richard60 ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 10:15 AM

SM made a patch for Poser 2014 wend windows did an update to Internet Explorer which is used by the library.  They also went back and made the patch for Poser 2012.  You may need to install that patch.  Or you may consider using one of the library replacements that you can find in the market place here.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Sunfire ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 12:31 PM

You mentioned something about a local HD, are you now using a network drive instead of a usb drive connected to or an installed HD in the machine you are using? If so, it's the network drive that is potentially the culprit. I tried using a network drive, and poser didn't like loading the icons one bit.

Sunfire's Creations

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 4:35 PM

All three versions have the last SR patches. It is not because of the runtime being on a network drive as it does it even with no linked runtimes, and it affects buttons and controls of the library manager itself as shown in the screenshot (that is a local runtime on the same hd as poser). As I already said using a replacement library manager is not an option for a lot of reasons.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 4:54 PM

Unfortunately, the resolution of the included screencap is very poor and pixelated when enlarged.  

I have Poser 2014 still installed on my Windows 10 computer with no problems associated with it.  I can't offer a solution at this moment.

phil_lawson ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 5:01 PM

I had icons like that in a different program when my hard disk was too slow to load them before Windows or (I think it was Bryce) said they were. 

Are you running both 7's on a mechanical drives? How much RAM have you got in each machine?  What is your graphics card?

It may be that your graphics drivers are the issue. Windows 7 could just be too old for the latest drivers you need.

You could try upgrading one of the PC's to Windows 10 or 11. As far as I remember if you have a genuine Windows 7 license you can upgrade to 10 for free. You have to search around for it though. I found this on the PC World website.

3gvgKI9ralzRkvVRWETwNBdCla8ahFawotfPEQfW.jpg

I'm guessing from the fact you have Poser Pro versions your Windows is 64 bit so an upgrade to 10 should be feasible.

Make sure you back up all your important files before upgrading and I hope some of this helps.

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 5:40 PM

It's not a graphics card issue, it's not too little ram, it's not slow HDs. I was running these same programs on Windows XP on a much older machine running less ram, with integrated graphics on slower HDs without these issues. 

I am not looking to upgrade the OS or Poser. I am looking for the cause of this issue with these versions of Poser on Windows 7 so I can fix it.  Please, if you have not experienced similar and do not know the cause or a solution do not suggest upgrading Windows, or Poser, or using a 3rd party library manager.  Showing me links to upgrade windows is not helpful in any way.

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 6:54 PM

Might be on to a fix thanks to an email from a friend and content creator.  I have tried it on the laptop and no longer seem to be having issues with Poser 2010 and 2012 (can't find 2014 on the laptop though I am sure it was installed).  Later tonight I will implement the fixes on the Xeon Multi-Core and see if it does indeed fix the issues.

:FingersCrossed:

phil_lawson ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2023 at 7:14 AM

Well, that's certainly put me in my place.

:-(

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2023 at 9:06 AM

You meant well.  Just read the OP a little more closely next time to understand the intent and background of the situation at hand.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.