Sun, Oct 6, 4:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: How do buttons work?

blackbonner ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2023 at 10:14 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 8:33 AM

Hi, I got a quick question for you folks.

I'm currently working an a jacket for LaFemme as a dynamic clothing item.
The modeling is done, it's a simple piece with a row of snap fastener on one side of the rim and their counterparts on the other side.
Clothing simulation looks fine and I also managed to make some of the buttons constrained so the jacket is closed at this point.

So far so good, but now I want to save this constrain setting for each button, kind of like a morph, so I can choose which snap fastener is open and which one is not.
I remember some dynamic clothing items back from the Victoria 3 times who had this settings and maybe someone can tell me how this was done.

Thank you very much in advance.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2023 at 4:10 PM · edited Mon, 13 March 2023 at 4:12 PM
Forum Coordinator

The only way I can think of is that to open the fastener you delete facets that make up the connection.

If you define a group for each of them they can easily be selected for deletion.

No idea how this was done in Victoria 3 days.

blackbonner ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 7:11 AM

Hello everyone.

Since no one seems to have an idea on how to solve the problem I searched for the dynamic cloth I knew to have this features and lucky me, I did fund it!

It is not made like I recalled it, but is done with actual morphs for each button which also have rigid decoration tags for the cloth simulation. The morphs making the button appear open or closed. I'm sure I will finish the jacket soon.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.