Mon, Jul 8, 2:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 11:17 am)

Subject: An error occurred importing addon Subdivider

noxiart ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2023 at 1:16 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 1:20 PM

Main Wacros: An error occurred importing addon  Subdivider :
ERROR: bad magic number in 'Subdivider': b'\x03\xf3\r\n'

This error warning started to pop up since I used the script to add the Runtimes of my Poser 11 installation.

I can just click it away and so far I haven't noticed any problems, still my OCD really would like to get rid of it again.  :-)

Anyone have an idea what my have caused it?

Thanks!

noxiart ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2023 at 2:01 PM · edited Fri, 07 April 2023 at 2:02 PM

Fixed it!

There was a Python script called "Subdivider" in one of my runtimes. I removed the folder and Poser 13 is happy again.

:-)

Seems to be an add-on subdivider script, unrelated to Poser 13's build in subdivision.

A DSON remnant?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2023 at 2:05 PM

With the Python programming language, "bad magic number" indicates a compiled version is not adapted to the actual runtime used. Not adapted: wrong major version. For example: Poser12 and Poser13 are using Python3.x, and a compiled Python 2.7 (<= Poser 11 and below) will provoc this message.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.