Mon, Oct 21, 9:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 6:18 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Graphics cards and GPU rendering

Thalek ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 2:43 AM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 12:21 AM

I have most of  the versions of Poser, starting with Poser 5, but I'm still an ignorant dilettante. Thus, I am not nearly as knowledgeable or experienced as I ought to be in Poser, and far worse in Daz Studio.

I have an older NVidia GTX 650 Ti card, which is apparently not supported for GPU rendering.

I was hoping to learn which versions of Poser support which graphics cards to aid in my planning and budgeting.

I don't need to know which one is "best", especially as I cannot even afford the upgrade to Poser 13 at the moment; I'm running the free trial until it dies or I get money, whichever happens first.

But if I know which cards work, that will give me a range of options.

If there is an official list anywhere, I cannot find it, but if someone else can, or a staff member can, that would be greatly appreciated.  And I suspect NOT just by me.

Thanks in advance!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 8:11 AM · edited Fri, 14 April 2023 at 8:13 AM

I've found the right message, from nerd: https://www.renderosity.com/forums/comments/4462130/permalink

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Thalek ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 10:09 AM

Y-Phil posted at 8:11 AM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462144

I've found the right message, from nerd: https://www.renderosity.com/forums/comments/4462130/permalink

Thanks! Learn something new every day.  Too bad that in the process, I forget two others.

John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.