Mon, Sep 9, 5:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 9:02 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How Much????

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2023 at 3:50 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 5:14 AM

I need a little help. I've put this off for far too long and I want to get some of my old Blender files and see if I can work on them once again. Problem is, the laptop they were on crashed some time ago. I don't honestly know whether the laptop can be saved, but in case it can't, I was wondering what the chances of my save the files on the hard drive might be, and also a ball park figure from anyone who knows how much this might cost would be greatly appreciated.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2023 at 5:44 PM
Site Admin

If they can be saved depends on what’s wrong with the computer and what kind of drive it is. If the drive is ok you might be able to take it out and put it in your new computer. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2023 at 6:28 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of transferring the files from the old drive, if that was even possible, to a thumbdrive.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2023 at 8:16 PM
Forum Moderator

It does depend what kind of harddrive is in your lap top if it is SSD pulling the drive and connecting it to a PC or other laptop might be possible there are numerous types of hubs or cables you can use that you can connect up that drive using USB cables if it is M2.NV drive you might need to buy and enclosure that will treat that drive like it was a flash drive. Really need to know what type of drive is in the laptop. Another issue depending if the drive is corrupt you might need to invest in recovery software to try and recover those files off the drive and that will be hit or miss. But first and foremost need to know what kind of drive your dealing with to determine the easiest and cost effective route you want to take to recover the old files. 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2023 at 8:44 PM

I'm not qualified to try and start the laptop, so I'm taking it to a shop.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 8:35 AM
Forum Moderator

Sorry wish could have helped more good luck 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.