Mon, Sep 9, 7:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: I have reached my limit - activations.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2023 at 10:55 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 3:49 PM

Thanks to a recent PC purchase, that I had to return as faulty I now find I cannot register a copy of Poser 13 on the replacement machine as I have reached my limit of three.  I actually only need two activations one on my old render machine that needed a Windows reload and the new replacement.  Can some kind person advise who do I need to contact to help me with this?

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2023 at 11:21 AM

Please send me your poser serial or email used to register to jennblake@renderosity.com and I can help you. Normally you would submit a support ticket at the PoserSoftwareSite/Support center. 😄

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2023 at 11:40 AM

Thank you so for your offer of help.  I have sent the email so I hope that is enough, if note please contact me again.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2023 at 3:34 PM

My sincere thanks to Jenn for sorting this issue, I was expecting to have to wait until the start of next week before I could play with Poser 13 on my new toy.

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2023 at 5:56 PM

So how is your new toy? :D

Is it the one in your description, that is a nice one for sure? :)

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2023 at 12:42 AM

3D-Mobster posted at 5:56 PM Mon, 10 July 2023 - #4469759

So how is your new toy? :D

Is it the one in your description, that is a nice one for sure? :)

No, that description needs to be updated, I was holding off changing it until I could get something working.  Basically the one in the description, based on the Ryzen Threadipper, will still be used for my final render but I have moved it out of the office and into the garage.  This is because it does produce a lot of heat which can make my office hot during the summer months.  With that out of the office I have added a new front end in the form of a Geekom A5 mini PC equipped with an AMD Ryzen 9 5900hx.  With eight cores and 16 threads it is at least Poser friendly.  A 1tb M.2 drive, 32g Ram and Radeon Vega eight graphics finishes the package.  The unit can drive up to eight monitors so it does not sweat over the pair I have.  Connection and control of the unit in the garage is by Multiplicity by Stardock which can control up to nine units with just the single keyboard and mouse.

Plan is to switch the render unit on in the garage in the morning, once that is done I can switch it off at any point in the day.  The Geekom A5 comes already installed with Window 11 Pro so I can use it as a general home/office PC but also create Poser scenes.   Completing a full render is possible on the A5, if pushed, and therefore test renders are a doddle.  When I am happy I send the scene to the rendering unit in the garage and let Queue manager do the rest.

Main benefits are I have a much cooler office with less noise and a great deal more space and a unit running Windows 11 capable of running with online banking. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.