Sat, Aug 3, 11:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 01 1:43 pm)

Subject: Poser 13 on Windows 7?

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2023 at 7:49 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 11:25 AM

I know the specs say Windows 10 or later, but has anyone tried to install or gotten it to run on Windows 7? Or is this just a non-starter all together?

I ask because some previous softwares would work on earlier windows than officially required.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

jancory ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2023 at 8:00 PM

i run it in win7.  so far it runs ok with a couple exceptions: the post-effects don't work for me, and it crashes sometimes after i close.  that's probably something i'm doing.  i'm overall satisfied with how it does, generally pretty stable.

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2023 at 8:20 PM

@jancory  Thanks for the information.  So it is not one of those where the installer will just refuse to run then.  That is encouraging.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

HartyBart ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2023 at 4:42 AM

Works perfectly on Windows 7. PostFX and the Intel OIDN de-noising work fine too, for me. But any encrypted third-party scripts, purchased from Renderosity, won't run. Windows 7 apparently lacks the required native encryption module.

Also, be aware that Poser 11, 12, 13 can all co-exist happily on the same PC. Later versions will not un-install a previous version.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.