Fri, Aug 2, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 01 1:43 pm)

Subject: Morph INJ with V4-M4 not working?

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 30 July 2023 at 11:04 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 1:24 PM

I think I saw someone ask this a while back but many threads seem to be deleted??

When I Inject morphs such as Morphs+++ into V4 and M4 they don't show up, but a few will appear within each body part - NONE of the full body dials show up? Even the Elite Morphs are not working at all??
Is this a known bug or is there a setting I have to find to make them work again?

What I have tried:
- made sure all the !DAZ files are in the root directory of Poser 13

- I clicked the top of the dials pallet and clicked "Show Hidden"
- I reinstalled all the files fresh and from a new download

In the end I only get a few to show up in the Head and the Chest but not all, not even the commonly used ones such as Grasp, Head-Neck Bend, ect.

Even when I installed a 3rd party's morph, the character responded but there is No dial to control it....

FVerbaas ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2023 at 2:42 AM
Forum Coordinator

Following today's standards Poser no longer looks in the program files folder for content. 

To my recollection: make a folder in which you want to store your V4 stuff and add a file named poser.exe and asubfolder called Runtime. That Poser.exe can be an empty file. It just serves to fool the installer.

Add that folder to your library. This will make Poser add the substructure.

Then run your V4 installers there. This should give you an independent working installation that you can henceforth copy and move around as you wish, address from any Poser version, etc. Delete the poser.exe dummy to avoid future confusion .

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2023 at 3:04 AM · edited Mon, 31 July 2023 at 3:04 AM

May I add another detail? Be sure that your new Runtime folder is not located in the System drive. For example: all my runtimes are located on P:\Poser\Runtimes\, an SSD drive.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2023 at 5:38 AM

Are the morph packages in the same directory as the figure?

Did you run the .bat file after the installation of each package?

Both are necessary to get the older DAZ figures working, not just V4.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2023 at 4:16 PM

The .bat file!!! I seem to remember something about that....I think I tossed it thinking it was a DS file (it gets so confusing today and it's been a long strange trip!)
Thank you @parkdalegardener  I will look into that!

Y-Phil: my two old runtimes are on D:\ - - Same as they where when I was had P11 and P12 on the old computer.
Trying to set them up to be one for people and one for environments/props and one for animals (three total...trying to be more organized this time).

@FVerbaas; you lost me there - "create a dummy Poser.exe"?? I have never done that one before.
Normally I just create a folder called called "Runtime xxx" then put my files in the way Poser itself would set them up, then once in Poser I click Add Runtime  and point to it/them.
Is no longer a valid way, it worked up to P12 just fine??

****going back to find those .bat files! I think that might be the key!

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2023 at 5:44 PM

Poser is finicky about primary folders containing the word 'runtime' in it.  Better to stay away from that naming convention.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2023 at 8:56 PM
hborre posted at 5:44 PM Mon, 31 July 2023 - #4471574

Poser is finicky about primary folders containing the word 'runtime' in it.  Better to stay away from that naming convention.

I have had it that way since sometime back in 1990s (or whenever P5,6,7 came out..) never had any issues and never had any issues with P11 and P12 installed and running out of three or four external Runtimes.
Actually, I had found years ago that Poser does Not Like runtimes that are not called Runtime (then all the libraries fall under that, just like the default installs)
BUT the Runtimes all have to be Unique names ("Runtime P1", "Runtime P2", etc).......I think Poser might blow a gasket if you tried naming them all just "Runtime"

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2023 at 8:58 PM
parkdalegardener posted at 5:38 AM Mon, 31 July 2023 - #4471538

Are the morph packages in the same directory as the figure?

Did you run the .bat file after the installation of each package?

Both are necessary to get the older DAZ figures working, not just V4.

THAT WAS IT!!! That Fixed my troubles!
It has been a long time ago since I had to actually install V4 and M4 (personally I prefer working with La Femme and L'Hommie, just a lot of work converting all my favorite clothes).
But when you mentioned the ".bat" file it brought back memories!
THANK YOU!!!

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2023 at 5:07 AM

Glad to have helped.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.