Sat, Aug 3, 12:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: La Femme Template? (for making 2nd skin)

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2023 at 2:17 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:13 AM

I thought I saw some time ago one of those color coded Templates for La Femme?
I am trying to create a fish net stocking, 2nd skin style, to go up to her waist line and getting the netting pattern to match up between her thigh and lower buttocks just is not working.
I remember someone used to color code the templates in such a way as to assist with this.

I have searched all over Renderosity an haven't found any templates and there are none in La Femme's default texture folder....?
I know I can make them with UVMapper (my pro won't work on new computer for some reason but Classic is still working) but I an not clear on they color coded them to align such seams.....as I recall on the Millennium templates there were red dots at the intersect points.....

Thinking about it; I have not seen Any 2nd skins for La Femme - is it even possible to align the seams in this manor??

***my objective: a Fishnet overlay, Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad fashion, that I can use with one of the short denim cutoffs (either a freebie one of I might try converting BillyT's for V4 over). 

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2023 at 4:10 PM

You might be better off using a second layer for the fishnet than creating a second skin depending on which Poser version you have installed.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2023 at 4:10 PM · edited Thu, 03 August 2023 at 4:10 PM

The only person, afaik, who made seam guides for the various Poser figures and some of the Genesis iterations is SnowSultan. These being actual SEAM guides rather than standard UV templates. Unfortunately it appears that she stopped making them before LF/LH came along.

Here is the drive link to SnowSultan's archived templates...

https://snowsultan.artstation.com/pages/seamguides

3Dream made some templates for LF/LH, I assume they are color coded by mat region, as his templates usually are, going by memory.

https://www.sharecg.com/v/95553/browse/11/Poser/La-Femme-+-LHomme-High-Resolution-Templates

The templates for LF/LH I have aren't color coded, if I remember correctly they were included with textures of original distribution. I might be mistaken. I may have generated my own using Mudbox (I usually use Mudbox for templates as it generates a layered PSD, with template, per UDIM uv tile while 3d painting. UVMapper Classic gets befuddled by UDIMs. In other words 'out of range UV data' warning... Unless you process LF/LH UVs via this freebie, which converts the UDIMs to legacy style stack single tile.

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81125/la-femme-no-udim-uvs-for-uv-mapper-pro

I believe this load uvs file process works also in free UVMapper Classic via the file dialogue. I recall generating stacked with the UVs file in Classic years ago. Of course then you have to separate everything to generate the relevant image file exports. A lot of selecting, dragging, scaling.

In any case I've recently purchased RizomUV software. I can't recommend this enough for UVing tasks... Seriously, I'm shocked how it unwraps things in a snap that I used to struggle to flatten out in Wings with tons of cutting, pinning, unwrapping, and stitching. It's almost like sorcery how well it works. Just a beautiful piece of software. And UDIM tiles with a button push.

But I digress. As far as how difficult it would be to create fishnet stockings for LF? I can't say. It would probably be actually easier to do it the old 2d image editor way rather than trying projection painting in 3d painting. I imagine you'd have to fuss alot with fixing overspray distortions in pattern as you turn curves. A bit of strategic stocking seam placement in your image editor, LF's leg seams run along the inside of the thigh (shown here as a red paint stroke on the model as relates to UV view)...

YdP0mg9JYYfoynx3gVQHERylAQDhnThFptGZNfoL.png

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2023 at 5:13 PM
hborre posted at 4:10 PM Thu, 3 August 2023 - #4471825

You might be better off using a second layer for the fishnet than creating a second skin depending on which Poser version you have installed.

Yes that would be the best rout, I am using P13.
But still the trouble of lining the overlays at the leg/hip seams to make the PNG maps

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2023 at 5:17 PM
primorge posted at 4:10 PM Thu, 3 August 2023 - #4471826

The only person, afaik, who made seam guides for the various Poser figures and some of the Genesis iterations is SnowSultan. These being actual SEAM guides rather than standard UV templates. Unfortunately it appears that she stopped making them before LF/LH came along.

Here is the drive link to SnowSultan's archived templates...

https://snowsultan.artstation.com/pages/seamguides

3Dream made some templates for LF/LH, I assume they are color coded by mat region, as his templates usually are, going by memory.

https://www.sharecg.com/v/95553/browse/11/Poser/La-Femme-+-LHomme-High-Resolution-Templates

The templates for LF/LH I have aren't color coded, if I remember correctly they were included with textures of original distribution. I might be mistaken. I may have generated my own using Mudbox (I usually use Mudbox for templates as it generates a layered PSD, with template, per UDIM uv tile while 3d painting. UVMapper Classic gets befuddled by UDIMs. In other words 'out of range UV data' warning... Unless you process LF/LH UVs via this freebie, which converts the UDIMs to legacy style stack single tile.

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81125/la-femme-no-udim-uvs-for-uv-mapper-pro

I believe this load uvs file process works also in free UVMapper Classic via the file dialogue. I recall generating stacked with the UVs file in Classic years ago. Of course then you have to separate everything to generate the relevant image file exports. A lot of selecting, dragging, scaling.

In any case I've recently purchased RizomUV software. I can't recommend this enough for UVing tasks... Seriously, I'm shocked how it unwraps things in a snap that I used to struggle to flatten out in Wings with tons of cutting, pinning, unwrapping, and stitching. It's almost like sorcery how well it works. Just a beautiful piece of software. And UDIM tiles with a button push.

But I digress. As far as how difficult it would be to create fishnet stockings for LF? I can't say. It would probably be actually easier to do it the old 2d image editor way rather than trying projection painting in 3d painting. I imagine you'd have to fuss alot with fixing overspray distortions in pattern as you turn curves. A bit of strategic stocking seam placement in your image editor, LF's leg seams run along the inside of the thigh (shown here as a red paint stroke on the model as relates to UV view)...

YdP0mg9JYYfoynx3gVQHERylAQDhnThFptGZNfoL.png

Thanks for all this....yes I just came across SnowSultan's millennium maps (couldn't recall who was doing them)
Guess I will have to redownload LaFemme to find the templates.

Might just have to use a body suit if I can keep poke through down.
My issue is getting the My Overlay to light up and bring the fishnet pattern all the way to the crotch and at least half way up the bottox to dissapear under the short cutoff jeans (too like like pantyhose rather then leg stockings)

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2023 at 6:00 PM · edited Thu, 03 August 2023 at 6:00 PM

Sounds tricky matching the legs islands patterning to the torso (hip) island seamlessly. Depending if it's just for some images you could "good enough" it. Maybe... Still, an unenviable task.

I took a closer look and yes, the templates are included with the LF pro download as a zip...

oOpBm3Y1InfloW06J4k7jgl2qx9jTborUseUi6Ip.png

They have a bit of color coding... But nothing helpful to your task really.

8nRy1nZKvApJplLFpEtvVEXn1M63bBqf80rx1RcN.png

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2023 at 6:17 PM

"Might just have to use a body suit if I can keep poke through down."

Probably the most sensible solution. More conducive UVs to work with. LF certainly has many tights sets in the marketplace unless you have some you've made yourself.

Good luck.

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2023 at 6:09 PM
primorge posted at 6:00 PM Thu, 3 August 2023 - #4471838

Sounds tricky matching the legs islands patterning to the torso (hip) island seamlessly. Depending if it's just for some images you could "good enough" it. Maybe... Still, an unenviable task.

I took a closer look and yes, the templates are included with the LF pro download as a zip...

oOpBm3Y1InfloW06J4k7jgl2qx9jTborUseUi6Ip.png

They have a bit of color coding... But nothing helpful to your task really.

8nRy1nZKvApJplLFpEtvVEXn1M63bBqf80rx1RcN.png

Yes, thanks, I found the UVs in my downloads already.
I just kept thinking of all the 2nd Skins that used to be out for V4 and figured it should not be that hard....ya right!
I think I will try the body suit or one of the free skin pants available...2nd Skin would be much more easier but

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2023 at 6:58 PM

I've made a set of seam guides for LaFemme, along the same lines as (but probably not as comprehensive as) SnowSultan's. I'll submit them to freestuff, but if anyone wants to snag a copy in the meantime you can find them here:

https://mega.nz/file/WzwSQAQZ#Lw8CqSufdM2MHNma7am2H1CE7yKn1bFkS2KHhKed7OU

@igohigh: LaFemme's leg seams are straighter than V4's at any rate, but they're still up the inside of her legs so not ideal for stockings. Seam guides would be helpful in making a second skin, but I feel it would still be an uphill task, and a 3D painting application would make the job a lot easier.

I haven't personally seen a fishnet second skin for V4, but would be more than happy to be corrected on that score.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sun, 06 August 2023 at 4:38 PM · edited Sun, 06 August 2023 at 4:41 PM

Less haste, more speed... I messed up the seam colours. Now fixed, and the link above won't work. Snag the updated guides here if you can't wait for them to appear in freestuff:

https://mega.nz/file/KjBhVKRQ#nrzTE4-Ph-7Z2KUGdiJ5dlXtxuer2zZKKqLHFtseaSA

0hX5MUDgVE31V51oRslbcmXEvdW4jZgcW1EapyWx.jpg

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2023 at 10:31 AM · edited Mon, 07 August 2023 at 10:31 AM
primorge ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2023 at 11:14 AM

Nice work EnglishBob!

Downloaded, thumbsupped, examined, and appreciated.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2023 at 2:36 PM
EnglishBob posted at 10:31 AM Mon, 7 August 2023 - #4472094

The seam guides are live in Rendo Freestuff:

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/95826/seam-guides-for-lafemme

Thank you EnglishBob!
Those will help greatly in lining up tattoos as well!

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2023 at 5:29 PM

primorge posted at 11:14 AM Mon, 7 August 2023 - #4472096

Nice work EnglishBob!

Downloaded, thumbsupped, examined, and appreciated.

igohigh posted at 2:36 PM Mon, 7 August 2023 - #4472110

Thank you EnglishBob!
Those will help greatly in lining up tattoos as well!
You're both very welcome. Please let me know of any problems or suggestions - now I have the process in place, it should be easy to make guides for any other figures which don't have them.

NikKelly ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2023 at 7:17 AM

Thanks, EnglishBob !!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.