Sat, Aug 3, 11:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 27 12:14 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Library MIA

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2023 at 4:52 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 10:58 AM

Poser 11.3

Windows 7 Home Premium

Updated to 11.3 from older SM version. Everything seemed to be working fine initially.

I set up the library windows and runtime folders and preferences the way I like them. Saved a default scene. Instructed Poser to start from preferred state. Library window was floating. Worked fine for 2-3 sessions. I still do not use P11 a lot as I still need to set up a lot of things to incorporate it into my workflow.

Machine it is on does not have a regular internet connection -most recent attempt to load got error message that license could not be validated and program did not even start. Connected to internet and reopened program and now the library manager is MIA.

The Floating Library Window is nowhere on screen.

Clicking the Library Button to open the window does nothing.

Opening the Window menu to select the active windows shows the library checked, but it is nowhere to be found.

Disabling the Library window from the Window menu and re-endabling either from the Window menu or through the button in the main workspace does nothing.

Closing and reopening the program does nothing.

I tried looking in the Program and Library prefs and setups to see if there was window positioning information but I could not find it if it was there.

I suspect it is rendering Off Screen - which means I have no way to access it or move it.

Is there any way to reset this or fix this without having to completely delete the prefs and set up all of my runtimes and library prefs again (I have 8 linked external runtimes), as doing so would be quite tedious - especially since I am unsure what caused this bug and it may become necessary to do this again in future.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2023 at 5:24 PM · edited Fri, 04 August 2023 at 5:27 PM

The state, pos ans sizes of the different floating windows are stored in a file named "Poser UI Prefs_0000x0000xml"
Instead of 0's, they indicate the screen width and height. in my case: 1920x1080

The file is stored here: "%appdata%\Poser Pro\11", copy-paste the formula without the quote in the launch windows (Windows Key + R):
ac5JiTn0qWDOp2hEv4lURMRo5nBEdAbvz55BNHto.png

Each floating Windows informations are stored by room. Example:

ytYhQDmul5p6MYWfUhKs0XFRmjv8ruJ55XWg0z9O.png

If you are patient enough, using a simple text editor such as Notepad or better NotePad++, open the file and look for the string FlexLibraryPalette its position is referenced by floatx=... and floaty=...

YSC3Y8vBwuhYZ33fsIXDBU6NC7BbrWC2aZIBeCfK.png

Once you have corrected, you may keep a backup of the file, + LibraryPrefs.xml and LibraryState.xml. As usual, make a copy before modifying it Daavq3mFHKL7c4iIczuSJ6FnfC6XDxUwEYHEruJp.png

Another tool that's very handy is this one:

rSgrVlyDXyqfDZxdUufpYYS2ocNaRzU58hJPcUxO.png

It's used room by room and it saved my time numerous times, especially with my setup (Poser is organized on two to three screens on my PC)

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2023 at 5:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Try this. in File Explorer type this in the address:

%appdata%\Poser Pro\11

In the Poser Pro 11 folder delete these two files (or move them to a safe place while testing to see if this works):

Poser UI Prefs (the numbers will vary depending on the screen resolution)

Poser.ini

FYI the file LibraryPrefs.xml is where the linked runtime are stored. If you need to reinstall saving that file can save you needing to re-link a bunch of runtimes.

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2023 at 5:47 PM

Thank you both. I am going to try a manual edit again now that I know what to look for before deleting the prefs completely.  It will have to wait until after dinner though.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2023 at 11:15 PM

Yup - somehow the floating values got changed to move the window way off the visible screen.  I have no idea how this happened. It's fixed now.

@Y-Phil, Once upon a time I was compiling a Poser help document with a variety of details and solutions for a variety of Poser editions (especially Poser 9/pro /2012).  I had wanted to publish it, but a number of issues prevented me from finishing it.  I have considered revisiting this file and would like your permission to include the very detailed information you provided if it is all right with you?  Right now it has no information for any version of Poser past 2014 Game Dev, and many of the links to old SM troubleshooting answers will need to be removed/rewritten by hand.  I still think it could be a great resource for Poser users if I revisit it and can get it to a state that is publishable (online in a PDF at least).

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2023 at 11:39 AM · edited Sat, 05 August 2023 at 11:39 AM

KageRyu posted at 11:15 PM Fri, 4 August 2023 - #4471950

Yup - somehow the floating values got changed to move the window way off the visible screen.  I have no idea how this happened. It's fixed now.

@Y-Phil, Once upon a time I was compiling a Poser help document with a variety of details and solutions for a variety of Poser editions (especially Poser 9/pro /2012).  I had wanted to publish it, but a number of issues prevented me from finishing it.  I have considered revisiting this file and would like your permission to include the very detailed information you provided if it is all right with you?  Right now it has no information for any version of Poser past 2014 Game Dev, and many of the links to old SM troubleshooting answers will need to be removed/rewritten by hand.  I still think it could be a great resource for Poser users if I revisit it and can get it to a state that is publishable (online in a PDF at least).

With great pleasure b9sFZ0P3h48pI0pylONBTV27i1e8zN0XfP3SFkOP.gif

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.